Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teddy Atlas: Ryan Garcia's 'Scary' Behavior Needs NYSAC's Attention

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bizmarke32 View Post
    Ryan's behavior I think is a reflection of a young impressionable kid not being taken care of by the people around him. He is a good person, no doubt about that, but a bit overwhelmed with the moment, and the fact that as of now he is not up to the mark, the pressure of losing, the potential humiliation, that's causing serious anxiety and fear. He does not fear Haney, he fears losing. Status is everything to him, he is a narcissist, anything that bruises his ego is the end of the world. Handling fame and fortune can be more difficult than attaining it.
    While there some truth to your post, all fighters are subjected to the same fears of losing, and very few have meltdowns like Ryan's having.
    This isn't the first time that he's been associated with psychiatric issues, didn't he postpone a fight because he was claiming some kind of mental problems?
    I think it was before the first time they had scheduled the Tank Davis fight, which had to be cancelled, before it was ultimately rescheduled a year or so later.
    Teddy Atlas is 100% right, Ryan definitely needs some psychological evaluation to find out exactly where his mental status really is at this point in time!
    Last edited by Boricua181; 03-23-2024, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      Atlas is right... the kid is floating out there in the ozone and needs to be reeled back in to reality.
      He already has way too big of an ego, we know that, so it isn't a stretch for him to go off the deep
      end with drugs, liquor, and a likely personality flaw that will probably get worse with age. Best to
      check it now before he steps into a few monster punches that would rearrange some brain cells.
      Fact's!

Comment

If I was Garcia instead of feeling pressure, I would be feeling EXCITED to be fighting Haney.
        Haney is no killer. He's not the second coming of Sonny Liston or Mike Tyson. He CANT PUNCH. He doesn't inspire fear. He was Gifted a generous decision against an aging Lomanchenko, who spotted Haney size, height, weight and in ring activity( Lomo was out a year helping the military in the Ukraine),who took him to school and had his head routinely doing a bobble head doll dance. And Haney definitely has a suspect chin. The Linares fight exposed that. Haney is a good boxer but
        He makes mistakes and has holes in his defense that can be exploited. I would be salivating at the mouth guard to get the opportunity to stalk down Haney and put pressure on him to get to that chin. Real talk here. Especially with the pop that Garcia has on his punches, particularly his left. I really don't believe Garcia has any issues. My gut tells me it's all an act and I believe the kid is trying to play mind games. However if it isn't an act then Garcia is weak and definitely doesn't belong in a boxing ring, because Haney is not the boogeyman man by any metric.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

Not by feather-fisted Haney.
          165lb Haney has pop.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus26 View Post
            If I was Garcia instead of feeling pressure, I would be feeling EXCITED to be fighting Haney.
            Haney is no killer. He's not the second coming of Sonny Liston or Mike Tyson. He CANT PUNCH. He doesn't inspire fear. He was Gifted a generous decision against an aging Lomanchenko, who spotted Haney size, height, weight and in ring activity( Lomo was out a year helping the military in the Ukraine),who took him to school and had his head routinely doing a bobble head doll dance. And Haney definitely has a suspect chin. The Linares fight exposed that. Haney is a good boxer but
            He makes mistakes and has holes in his defense that can be exploited. I would be salivating at the mouth guard to get the opportunity to stalk down Haney and put pressure on him to get to that chin. Real talk here. Especially with the pop that Garcia has on his punches, particularly his left. I really don't believe Garcia has any issues. My gut tells me it's all an act and I believe the kid is trying to play mind games. However if it isn't an act then Garcia is weak and definitely doesn't belong in a boxing ring, because Haney is not the boogeyman man by any metric.
            ———
            I don’t think it’s an act but I do agree with you on Garcia being able to pull off a “shocking” upset.
            The biggest reason I’m hoping Garcia wins is because none of these so called 3 Kings have any interest in fighting each other.
            Garcia is the one that made the Tank fight and he’s the one that made the Haney fight. He brings in the money.

Tank, Shakur and Haney have no interest in fighting each other. If Garcia wins, Haney’s ego will be deflated, his undefeated moniker taken and he will have to find a way to fight Tank or Shakur to get back into relevancy.

Garcia vs Shakur will be next.

I don’t think Tank will fight again after Martin until 2025. He’ll be 30 years old then and still avoiding any real threat.

Garcia can upend all the egos at 135/140 and as much as I don’t think his career will last, I just hope for the sake of boxing he beats Haney.
            Calibaloc Calibaloc likes this.

Comment

Haney isn’t falling for this act, and will be well prepared…as much as I’m not a big fan of Haney, he should have no problem with Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post

165lb Haney has pop.
                He doesn't have the killer instinct. He likes to play safe. Ryan might not be as skillfull but sure is faster and has some good pop. Much more than Haney.

Comment

The commission must act, but it's sad that GBP is letting this happen! Oscar, B-Hop, and Derrick James, all should be ashamed of themselves! They better HOPE AND PRAY Ryan wins this fight!!!

Comment

Do find it quite scary how easily young people are swayed these days by crazy conspiracy s**t . 100% Haney is gonna smoke him

I don’t trust my government like the next man but there seems to be a complete lack of any trust in any authority these days . Leads people to believe in crazy theories . Pretty obvious Garcia is blasting gear too which is catching up with him

Personally blame social media it’s cooked peoples brains . World is gonna be mess in the next 20 years and it’s already half way there . Work ethic gone , mental health shagged , daft amounts of genders ,no life purpose ect

The world is changing for the worst fast​
                    Last edited by Straightener; 03-23-2024, 03:19 PM.

Comment

boxing is not something that can be done half assed, u need high dedication to the job or else u will not be your best and fall well short most likely, cryin just cant hack the pressure i dont think, he always needs excuses to justify him not performing to peoples expectations plus hes a douche bag with a massive ego, its comical to watch him & i would be amazed if he could come anywhere close to winning his fight, which he says they wanted to cancel on him, haney must be thinking this guy is trying to ruin our paydays with his crap, cryins fans seem to be still there somehow but another bad performance and surely even they will be questioning him

Comment

Working...
                      X