Comments Thread For: Michael Carbajal Honored With A Street Named After Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much respect

Comment

I still can’t get over how his own brother did him wrong.

Comment

That's very cool. Cabajal rocked the 90s with his action style. His first fight with Chiquita Gonzalez is an absolute classic. It's hard to find a better fight. Congrats, Champ!

Comment

One of the hardest hitters at light flyweight, wrongfully robbed of a Golden Olympic Medal, 5 time champion at the division and had wins over champions like Will Grigsby, Muangchai Kittikasem, Josue Camacho, Melchor Cob Castro, Humberto Gonzalez (ATG) and Jorge Arce (ATG).

Wonder how Humberto Gonzalez and Michael Carbajal would had faired against Ricardo Lopez at the latter stage of his career.
          FinitoxDinamita FinitoxDinamita likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by WarVeteranO01 View Post
            Carbajal ending his career with a win against travieso Arce was a magnificent way to end a legacy.
            There couldn’t have been a more perfect ending to a great career when most fighters can only dream about retiring on a high note. Gonzalez bout was great and all but when I think of Carbajal, Arce fight comes to mind. That was a thing of legend, something you see in movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post
              One of the hardest hitters at light flyweight, wrongfully robbed of a Golden Olympic Medal, 5 time champion at the division and had wins over champions like Will Grigsby, Muangchai Kittikasem, Josue Camacho, Melchor Cob Castro, Humberto Gonzalez (ATG) and Jorge Arce (ATG).

Wonder how Humberto Gonzalez and Michael Carbajal would had faired against Ricardo Lopez at the latter stage of his career.
              Finito Lopez vs Michael Carbajal would have been awesome.

Comment

I'd forgotten how good he was. Awesome fighter

Comment

Carbajal fought in an era when most of the fighters were MEN. You didn't hear all of this pansy-ass crap about a mandatory challenger not "deserving" a fight, or the defending champ asking for a king's ransom to fight his mandatory challenger. Also, Michael fought frequently, including 10 (!) times in his pro debut year and even 4 times in his last year in the sport.

Comment

What a brilliant fighter & I've heard he's been through a hell of a lot.

It's good to see.

Comment

Working...
                    X