Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "Fighting Words" -- Tszyu-Fundora and the Potential Perils of Late Replacements

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: "Fighting Words" -- Tszyu-Fundora and the Potential Perils of Late Replacements

Saving the upcoming March 30 show featuring Tim Tszyu in the main event required a bit of scrambling -- made easier by some astute planning. Tszyu was supposed to defend his junior middleweight title against Keith Thurman, who pulled out with a biceps injury with less than two weeks to go. On the same day that news broke, so did the news that Tszyu will instead face Sebastian Fundora.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great read!! It is nice to see an author putting in that much work for us to dig into.
    There is going to be some serious leather thrown in this fight no doubt!!!

Comment

I like both fighters. Both are credits to the sport. I can’t see how this could be anything but a cracker of a fight. I suspect the young Australian will win but I would love to see the young American win
      wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

Fundora is so tall, you'd think his body can fill out to light heavyweight.

But some guys just stay that thin or lean.

Win, lose or draw, Fundora brings it. He won't be on his bicycle much like Thurman would've been, with respect to Keith and all fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg Fangerloo View Post
          Great read!! It is nice to see an author putting in that much work for us to dig into.
          Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. David View Post

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the article.
            Nice work. Well researched and informative.
            Mr. David Mr. David likes this.

Comment

Guys like Fundora and Paul Williams with insane reaches - use it, ya dummies.

Comment

I think Fundora, even as defensively flawed and open as he is, would make a better fight and stands a better chance at winning than Thurman!

Fundora comes forward, and although that can play in Tszyu’s favor, at least Fundora would be busy throwing punches.

He’s more physical than Thurman too plus, who knows what kind of shape Thurman would’ve been in, and how he would’ve looked being in a new weightclass for the first time. Not only that, but he’s 35 yrs old and he barely boxes anymore. He should just retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg Fangerloo View Post
                  didn't know I was starting a novel when i started to read this - entertaining yes but overlong too

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

didn't know I was starting a novel when i started to read this - entertaining yes but overlong too
                    One of my roles here is to write feature-length columns. This was a deep-dive. Glad you were able to stay afloat.
                    SteveM SteveM Sabiondo Sabiondo like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X