Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Benavidez Nearly Set to Join Gervonta Davis on PPV Doubleheader

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Benavidez Nearly Set to Join Gervonta Davis on PPV Doubleheader

Two of boxing's best knockout artists will likely be paired for showdowns in separate fights on the same night. Lightweight knockout artist Gervonta "Tank" Davis (29-0, 27 KOs) is set to fight Frank Martin (18-0, 12 KOs) on June 15, headlining a PBC pay-per-view event on Prime Video; and in a co-main event still in the works, David Benavidez (28-0, 24 KOs) would make his light heavyweight debut against former 175-pound titleholder Oleksandr Gvozdyk (20-1, 16 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wow this is a mega card been a while since boxing has had a stacked card. Kudos to benavidez for having no ego and not caring that hes the “co-main”

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      Wow this is a mega card been a while since boxing has had a stacked card. Kudos to benavidez for having no ego and not caring that hes the “co-main”
      He really is an old school fighter who is just interested in fighting and chasing greatness. Very rare these days.

Comment

‘People jump to these conclusions’: Stephen Espinoza discusses Canelo’s return to PBC
        Canelo Alvarez is set for a PBC fight against Jaime Munguia when it was previously reported he’d be leaving the company.
        By Wil Esco@wil_esco Mar 19, 2024, 6:52pm EDT

Stephen Espinoza takes a few minutes to chat with Fight Hub TV about a couple of upcoming cards that will appear on PBC, including Canelo Alvarez vs Jaime Munguia as well as Tim Tszyu vs Sebastian Fundora. The former Showtime executive, who’s seemingly been working in an advisory role for PBC as of late, shares his perspective on these upcoming cards.

Espinoza on the Canelo vs Munguia fight

“I think this is the right time for the Munguia fight because I think if you looked at Munguia a year ago, two years ago, he was a brawler, he was rough. And I’m not saying he had no skills but he was largely a brawler, and I think what you’ve seen particularly the last year is a lot of progress in Munguia.”

On the reports of Canelo leaving PBC only to strike a deal with them soon thereafter

“It’s been a long time since Canelo took his business over. He’s been the captain of his ship, he’s been maneuvering and navigating his own career for quite a while...at a certain point if he wasn’t seeing what he liked or he had curiosity where the opportunities were, it’s absolutely his right to go look around. That’s why when everyone says it was an amicable parting of ways, clearly it was.

“If anyone had burned a bridge they wouldn’t have gotten back together. So at a certain point people jump to these conclusions, they want to pitch these certain narratives about what’s happened and nine times out of ten they’re jumping to conclusions and spreading a narrative that isn’t true, ‘oh, PBC’s out of money, Canelo doesn’t want to deal with them.’ No, let’s not be so melodramatic about things.”

https://www.badlefthook.com/2024/3/1...xing-news-2024

Canelo and Boots on one card, Tank and Benavidez on the next! Crawford waiting on Tszyu vs. Fundora winner! Sorry haters, PBC is alive and well! LMAO!
        ​​
        Last edited by Bronx2245; 03-21-2024, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          ‘People jump to these conclusions’: Stephen Espinoza discusses Canelo’s return to PBC
          Canelo Alvarez is set for a PBC fight against Jaime Munguia when it was previously reported he’d be leaving the company.

Stephen Espinoza takes a few minutes to chat with Fight Hub TV about a couple of upcoming cards that will appear on PBC, including Canelo Alvarez vs Jaime Munguia as well as Tim Tszyu vs Sebastian Fundora. The former Showtime executive, who’s seemingly been working in an advisory role for PBC as of late, shares his perspective on these upcoming cards.

“I think this is the right time for the Munguia fight because I think if you looked at Munguia a year ago, two years ago, he was a brawler, he was rough. And I’m not saying he had no skills but he was largely a brawler, and I think what you’ve seen particularly the last year is a lot of progress in Munguia.”

On the reports of Canelo leaving PBC only to strike a deal with them soon thereafter

“It’s been a long time since Canelo took his business over. He’s been the captain of his ship, he’s been maneuvering and navigating his own career for quite a while...at a certain point if he wasn’t seeing what he liked or he had curiosity where the opportunities were, it’s absolutely his right to go look around. That’s why when everyone says it was an amicable parting of ways, clearly it was.

“If anyone had burned a bridge they wouldn’t have gotten back together. So at a certain point people jump to these conclusions, they want to pitch these certain narratives about what’s happened and nine times out of ten they’re jumping to conclusions and spreading a narrative that isn’t true, ‘oh, PBC’s out of money, Canelo doesn’t want to deal with them.’ No, let’s not be so melodramatic about things.”

Canelo and Boots on one card, Tank and Benavidez on the next! Crawford waiting on Tszyu vs. Fundora winner! Sorry haters, PBC is alive and well! LMAO!
          ​​
          As my fellow NCOs would say, “can I get a witness!”
          Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Not much choice for Beneviedez since Clenelo is holding all of the belts hostage and refuses to fight him.

Comment

Good fights. So, Benavidez is really moving up to light heavyweight.

I think he'll beat up Gvozydyk, no doubt. It would be great to see him against Beterbiev and Bivol.

Actually not surprised that he moves up, because he's a very tall, big dude, who probably struggles to make super middleweight.

I don't think he'll go back down, unless Canelo says fight him at 168 lbs, not at 175 lbs.

I think David Morrell also has the frame for light heavyweight, and a superfight between him and Benavidez may materialise.
              ​​​​​
              Last edited by Liondw; 03-21-2024, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Canelo will be wishing that Benavidez looses to get that stress off of him.

Comment

they couldn't live up to the deal they made with Caneli. so he legally could walk away from it and the contract became void. now he decided to do a 1 fight deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post

​​
                    These are what some people in the business refer to as.....FACTS!! HAHA!!! I can guarantee you there will be no more than 25 posts on this today. Haters not gonna like this article hahahaahahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                    X