Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the Top Greatest Fighters from the Caribbean Islands?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garfios View Post

Past his prime just like Manny, less older not at his best, you're the one fitting the narrative. Just a few months prior everyone including you were saying he wasn't the champ, because manny got stripped and he would had walk through him, so after the fight he was old, but was the favorite. And yes you're right about they making money and going through the motions after. Do you know why? Find out how many of them has defected with their family, or the struggles to just make it here, heart they have to spare, complacency yes,and how old they're and what they left behind. Find another athlete in the whole world that have to go through that $h1t just to compete at the highest level. The new wave are younger and with a stronger support system, some like Morrell Jr have their family or a least the closest with them and yet, just like their predecessors they're avoided too, go figure. Do your homework before talking out of your @$$, and watch that fight again and you will see how your fraud face looked after the fight. Just when you said PR is not at fault for castros decision, which is true, Lara is not a fault for the lack of speed noe knowledge on how to cut the ring, or fight a technical boxer. They tried to robb bivol too, almost.
    ps. I know I'm wasting my time, but if you think Angulo was pummeling Lara in that fight you're a biased a$$ hater. First the ring was like 16×16, secondly they went to Lara's dressing room and told him he couldn't rehydrate more than 10 pounds, so he kept it at 164, nobody told perro, he rehydrate 20 pounds and didn't have to worry about his weight. I bet you you knew about this "little nuances" but kept it to yourself to make your story more believable. GTFO, do you think I follow fighters? I follow boxing for over 60 years.
    If you think Manny was prime when he faced ugas you are one dumb idiot. Manny was as done as can be but you wanna give an average ass Cuban like ugas more credit just becaus he's Cuban lol you reek of desperation.

Prime Manny annihilates ugas and you know it but keep living in your own little world

Again there you go with excuses Angulo was whoopin his ass had em hurt plain n simple. Your desperate to praise Cubans yet they always fail you guys in big prize fights FACTS.
    Last edited by Regge; 03-29-2024, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post

Eh, I mean I am glad the fight happened but.

-Took 6 years to make it happen.

-They did haven't much activity after 2020, Spence had like 2 fights and Crawford had like 3 fights.

-They held the WW division at a standstill for years. Leaving it in a scrappy state, both having left it behind.

-Both were had declined physically, especially Spence.

Also about Regge/Garfios comments.

It's difficult to give Ugas credit about the Pacquiao win, Ugas had just turned 35 years old in a month having a good activity rate with a win over former contender Abel Ramos a year ago. In the other Hand Pacquiao was 42 years old (four months before turning 43) having been inactive for nearly three years later after fighting Keith Thurman by SD (despite the knockdown, the body shot and winning more convincingly) and being busy as a senator in the Philippines.

Ugas might have declining because of age, but nowhere near the same rate as Manny Pacquiao. Whose also in the smaller side.
      That biased Cuban 80 yr old idiot thinks Manny was primed for ugas hahaahhahhaha you can't get anymore delusional than that wow!!!!!!

Those two biased Cuban posters here reek of desperation but the fact remains Cubans have been big letdowns in the pro ranks those fools have to go back 70 yrs to find successful ones lol
      Last edited by Regge; 03-29-2024, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post

Eh, I mean I am glad the fight happened but.

-Took 6 years to make it happen.

-They did haven't much activity after 2020, Spence had like 2 fights and Crawford had like 3 fights.

-They held the WW division at a standstill for years. Leaving it in a scrappy state, both having left it behind.

-Both were had declined physically, especially Spence.

Also about Regge/Garfios comments.

It's difficult to give Ugas credit about the Pacquiao win, Ugas had just turned 35 years old in a month having a good activity rate with a win over former contender Abel Ramos a year ago. In the other Hand Pacquiao was 42 years old (four months before turning 43) having been inactive for nearly three years later after fighting Keith Thurman by SD (despite the knockdown, the body shot and winning more convincingly) and being busy as a senator in the Philippines.

Ugas might have declining because of age, but nowhere near the same rate as Manny Pacquiao. Whose also in the smaller side.
        l know, it was about the wording, Ugas was past his prime, the way he said it is like he was 28 yo. And don't forget that pacqio has beat thurman, a most younger fighter than Ugas, in his previous fight, it was an outcry because Ugas got the belt without fighting the champion, and everybody was calling him an email champ, even the commentators were critiquing him for the way he celebrated. Pacquio was the favorite going in and at the end Ugas was vindicated with that victory. Hindsight is always right.

Last edited by garfios; 03-29-2024, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X