Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Injured Keith Thurman Out of PPV Headliner Against Tim Tszyu

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
    6'6" southpaw on short notice, stylistically I cant think of a worse match up on 12 days notice ....Upset brewing??? This could backfire on tszyu
    Its not going to backfire, he doesn't fight tall, he isn't physically strong, doesn't have much power and smothers his own shots, I think Tim will be way too strong for Fundora.

Looks as you say on paper but if you deep dive into Fundora and his resume I don't see him giving Tim any issues at all.

Comment

Originally posted by I_like_fights View Post
      I can’t wait to see voters defend putting Thurman into the hall of fame like they did Tim Bradley
      I think Corrales and Hatton deserved it less than Bradley.

It's all because of the Gatti induction.

Comment

We don`t need that fight anyway, just make Tszyu - Crawford in may.

Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

I feel bad for Keith...

But the Gods shines down on him he has no business fighting tsyzu out of his weight class no belts with a extra pound to boot vs a guy that clearly visibly walks around at 180 and should be at 60-68... Thurman is a small guy and 154 looked like a stretch in spite of how much Thurman sold this fight, the boxing Gods shines down and we didn't get a canelo charlo situation and ruin a elite fighter. Now Keith could face Crawford, boots, Errol Spence or Charlo if people desire to see his corpse.... Hopefully Keith is right back in the mix once he heals

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

This has got to be the absolute most ignorant comment on this thread. Congratulations on your “hey look at me being noticed” reward for today. All promotional organizations are struggling across the board as network can no longer foot the bill for high value fights. PBC has spread its wings to a high value target in Amazon instead of your standard alphabet network. You believe for one second the millions a promoter puts up front and all the hundreds of thousands used to spend in promotions of the fight is in an effort to purposely sabatoge their own fight two weeks out to lose money!?

Youve got to be a special kind of stupid to even think this comment
            Haymon still have a issue paying these guys it seems, in my mind Keith one of the smartest boxing minds said he wasting time to himself as Thurman the draw, the ppv could fail, no belts was on the line, and at 155 and a decision was made

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Is that what your injury is, Jab?
              No, it’s the reason AJ lost 3 times. Stalkerrrrrerrr

Comment

this really sucks, feel bad for Tim, charlo wont fight him, he is trying to build up his notoriety, this would have been a good name for him even though thurman is shot, boxing part popularity contest and for tim to get the fights he wants like a charlo or to get crawford to come up, he needs an international fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

This has got to be the absolute most ignorant comment on this thread. Congratulations on your “hey look at me being noticed” reward for today. All promotional organizations are struggling across the board as network can no longer foot the bill for high value fights. PBC has spread its wings to a high value target in Amazon instead of your standard alphabet network. You believe for one second the millions a promoter puts up front and all the hundreds of thousands used to spend in promotions of the fight is in an effort to purposely sabatoge their own fight two weeks out to lose money!?

Youve got to be a special kind of stupid to even think this comment
                  yeah the promoter are struggling. the experts in the field, HBO and showtime pulled out, if it was highly profitable they wouldnt have left they obviously saw things getting harder and harder as time went on. Then you had DAZN's early years with venture capital funds they were willing to overpay and lose money. Now you got the saudis who dont care if they lose money as its to promote their brand for tourism or whatever. So all these fighters wanting super high paydays and willing to wait out just not fighting at all if it comes down to it. also all demanding the promotors front the risk because that is what mayweather did except mayweather actually sold PPVs in a different era. now ppv sales are way down.

its gotten so bad even a supposed cash cow like canelo, cant keep a promoter because he wants to be paid $30+ million to fight some scrub that will only generate 300k PPV buys, the math just doesnt work so the promoters would rather walk away.
                  Last edited by elfag; 03-19-2024, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Keith "Once Upon a Time" Thurman

Comment

One Time is old time news now
                      time to hang up the mitts bruh
                      that bicep will never be the same at this time at your age

Comment

Working...
                      X