Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather: Crawford, You're Not Getting Spence Rematch Or Canelo...So, FIGHT Boots Ennis, Or Fight David Benavidez And Actually EARN A Canelo Fight Since Benavidez Wants Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post

I didn't say he was going to beat Floyd, dummy.

I said Floyd wouldn't fight him, just like he wouldn't fight Thurman, Porter, Spence, Brook, Williams, and a bunch of other guys who were full sized welters.

Nobody said he'd lose to all of them, but he might not beat all of them, either

Boots is a full sized 147-154lb fighter at 5'10 and supremely talented in speed & power.

He wouldn't be the favorite against Floyd, but he'd give him problems, which is a big difference.
    When were Floyd and Paul supposed to fight? The timeline doesn't make sense, given Floyd's retirement and Williams moving to 154, having big fights against Winky and Sergio.

Their paths never lined up.

Comment

I don't even get what this thread is all about. Isn't Floyd a promoter? So why not sign at least Boots who is a free agent? (Never mind Crawford who is his own boss.) Then make the fight happen. Both have fought on PBC cards, both are available and crossing the street is not necessary.

Who exactly is Mayweather expecting to make the fight happen? Won't be DAZN or ESPN. Do something Floyd, don't just talk.
      Last edited by jqSide; 03-27-2024, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

If it made sense he would, its no different to fighting the top liners he did fight, Im not interested in woulda coulda shoulda because that mentality applies to every great fighter to ever lace them up.

As I said from the start Boots has not fight a single A grade fighter, not one, and youre in raptures because he is beating B graders, let the guy evolve before you start talking about ATGs, I have nothing against Ennis at all its just so far he hasn't done anything.
        When did I said Boots was an ATG or would beat ATGs?

I said he was SUPREMELY TALENTED and a FULL-SIZED WELTERWEIGHT.

That's not the same thing.

He's a guy who's physical attributes makes him hard to beat, even for ATG fighters, who will have to beat at their best to beat him.

It's like Canelo & Benavidez.

Canelo would likely beat Benavidez, but his youth, size, & power make him a hard fight for Canelo.

Even if Canelo wins, he'll be a lot worse for wear after fighting a much younger, bigger, stronger man.

Floyd was smart enough to avoid taking on physical challenges like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post

When were Floyd and Paul supposed to fight? The timeline doesn't make sense, given Floyd's retirement and Williams moving to 154, having big fights against Winky and Sergio.

Their paths never lined up.
          Paul Williams moved up because nobody at 147 would fight him.

Even after he loss & avenged his loss, they still avoided him

That's how we ended up with this great quote about Floyd

"I don't think Floyd Mayweather will fight me anytime," Williams said. "Manny Pacquiao, he might do it, he might step up but not Floyd. I guess Floyd won't fight me because I don't have a vagina."

Comment

Why bypass the video with Williaims telling it himself, he said it wasn't ready and then he had an accident., yeah lets just skip over that as it doesn't fit the agenda.

Dam haters they like sour laxatives.

Comment

Paul has no one but himself to blame. Should have focused on Quintana. Instead he had to rematch him and Floyd "retired" for 2 years.

Manny didn't fight him either. Was he ducking too? How about Cotto?

Comment

Mayweather makes no sense here.

First, Crawford is a welterweight and the Canelo fight really makes no sense. That’s my initial opinion.

But as a guy regarded as a top 3 P4P fighter at 36 years old, with a record of 40-0, a champion in 3 weight classes, undisputed champion in 2 weight classes; Crawford is at a point in his career where he can go up to fight who ever he wants without doing anything extra to “earn” it. His accomplishments are his proof of earning a big fight. He basically earned it over a 16-year period.

Mayweather got the De La Hoya fight at 154 with just 3 fights at 147. He didn’t beat any of the better Ring top 5 fighters of 154 or anything like that. He just got the cash cow based on his numbers against Gatti, Judah and Baldomir. Mayweather’s best performances and success were at 140 and down at the time. De La Hoya was cherrypicking too, better to fight the smaller Mayweather than the bigger Kelly Pavlik, Winky Wright, Arthur Abraham, Jermain Taylor at 160 or Vernon Forrest at 154. There was also a young Sergio Martinez rising through the Ring top 10 at 154 in 2007.

In other words, Mayweather earned the DLH fight at that time by what he’s done in his entire career. It’s not like he beat Cotto and Margarito at 147, and then went up and beat Cory Spinks at 154, and then got De La Hoya. He beat Sharmba Mitchell, Zab Judah and Carlos Baldomir at 147 and then got DLH. And he was even set to fight DLH after Judah. It was because DLH decided to fight Mayorga while waiting for Mayweather to get out of his TR contract, that left Mayweather with no dance partner and would’ve kept him sidelined for too long, so he fought Baldomir in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

First, Crawford is a welterweight and the Canelo fight really makes no sense. That’s my initial opinion.

But as a guy regarded as a top 3 P4P fighter at 36 years old, with a record of 40-0, a champion in 3 weight classes, undisputed champion in 2 weight classes; Crawford is at a point in his career where he can go up to fight who ever he wants without doing anything extra to “earn” it. His accomplishments are his proof of earning a big fight. He basically earned it over a 16-year period.

Mayweather got the De La Hoya fight at 154 with just 3 fights at 147. He didn’t beat any of the better Ring top 5 fighters of 154 or anything like that. He just got the cash cow based on his numbers against Gatti, Judah and Baldomir. Mayweather’s best performances and success were at 140 and down at the time. De La Hoya was cherrypicking too, better to fight the smaller Mayweather than the bigger Kelly Pavlik, Winky Wright, Arthur Abraham, Jermain Taylor at 160 or Vernon Forrest at 154. There was also a young Sergio Martinez rising through the Ring top 10 at 154 in 2007.

In other words, Mayweather earned the DLH fight at that time by what he’s done in his entire career. It’s not like he beat Cotto and Margarito at 147, and then went up and beat Cory Spinks at 154, and then got De La Hoya. He beat Sharmba Mitchell, Zab Judah and Carlos Baldomir at 147 and then got DLH. And he was even set to fight DLH after Judah. It was because DLH decided to fight Mayorga while waiting for Mayweather to get out of his TR contract, that left Mayweather with no dance partner and would’ve kept him sidelined for too long, so he fought Baldomir in the meantime.
                  Baldomir smashed Judah who smashed Spinks, the guy you questioned why Floyd didn’t fight.

Comment

When did I said Boots was an ATG or would beat ATGs?

I said he was SUPREMELY TALENTED and a FULL-SIZED WELTERWEIGHT.

That's not the same thing.

He's a guy who's physical attributes makes him hard to beat, even for ATG fighters, who will have to beat at their best to beat him.

It's like Canelo & Benavidez.

Canelo would likely beat Benavidez, but his youth, size, & power make him a hard fight for Canelo.

Even if Canelo wins, he'll be a lot worse for wear after fighting a much younger, bigger, stronger man.

Floyd was smart enough to avoid taking on physical challenges like that.
                    You need to comprehend better , I never said you said Boots was ATG, I said let him evolve before talking about him beating ATGS.

Like the threads before I said he was lost WITH Karen and you interpreted that as saying he lost the fight, your comprehension is terrible as your too bust trying to bull rush an answer on what wasnt said.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Did you read the headline or listen to it, he said TC cant get Canelo, DB cant get Canelo, may as well they fight each other adding he only put that out there because the way he was asked. I see so many run of out of context all the time, if the words were said in a bar over a beer people would just laugh but in here the headline gets a 1000 rants.
                      Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X