Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bill Haney Says Shakur Stevenson "Brings Nothing To The Table"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

It's not about whether we believed it or not. It was Shakurs job to call Haneys bluff. Instead, he walked away like a spoiled brat, fought dls instead for only 1 belt while running and having fans lose interest in him. Then he retired....

Had he agreed to the 25 and Haney balked, the tide would've been on Shakurs side. Now his next fight is going to flop regardless of his performance and outcome. Bbbbbut, Baltimore n sh.it
    He literally forced the fight with the sanctioning body after that happened and then Haney vacated. Him accepting an "offer" on Twitter is not how the fight gets made lol.

That's not how business in the real world works.

Comment

Devin Haney weighs 165 fuking pounds on fight night. Why is bill haney even talking about baby shakur. go fight boots already with devins big head ass.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez12 View Post
        This whole nothing to the table **** is exhausting...
        Lol can't disagree. So much of this talk is simply talk for attention &/or engagement &/or clout. And I often don't know why ppl don't see it for that. So much of social media is contrived bs for monetary means.

That said obviously business-wise there ain't much Shakur brings vs other top options, but resume-wise Shakur would be a great scalp to have I think anyone would agree.

I think Shakur is more desperate for a meaningful fight rn but doesn't wanna give up a $1 to get it which rarely works out favorable. And its often rougher on the guy who needs the big fight than the guy who is getting the big fights so doesn't need you. And Devin is that guy rn getting the fights & doing the stuff Shakur wants to do. Shakur is either gonna need to start selling tickets, take less of a cut to make big fights or get with a promoter after this TR deal is over whos throwing out money a lil more.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

He literally forced the fight with the sanctioning body after that happened and then Haney vacated. Him accepting an "offer" on Twitter is not how the fight gets made lol.

That's not how business in the real world works.
          You're right it's not, but it's calling Haneys bluff which in this day and age of social media these youngsters love, it's wouldve made Haney either put up or shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Why are talking about Shakur and Haney? The point was Zepeda and Pitbull swerved Shakur! Stop deflecting!
            No one swerves Shakur. The only ones swerving Shakur are boxing fans. They don't like falling asleep during a FIGHT also known as a Marathon to Shakur. How many ring laps is he doing his next event?

What is he doing to Pitbull and Zepeda. "Run" circles around them like he did De Los Santos.

The only one swerving is Shakur, didn't engage for 12 rounds against DLS.
            Last edited by boxingitis; 03-24-2024, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

No one swerves Shakur. The only ones swerving Shakur are boxing fans. They don't like falling asleep during a FIGHT also known as a Marathon to Shakur. How many ring laps is he doing his next event?

What is he doing to Pitbull and Zepeda. "Run" circles around them like he did De Los Santos.

The only one swerving is Shakur, didn't engage for 12 rounds against DLS.
              He would have never had to face DLS, if Zepeda or Pitbull had some balls!

Comment

He would have never had to face DLS, if Zepeda or Pitbull had some balls!
                Oscar and Zepeda already called him out. Where are Shakurs balls at? He doesn't have an opponent, so now he is quiet. His twitter finger ain't working.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

Oscar and Zepeda already called him out. Where are Shakurs balls at? He doesn't have an opponent, so now he is quiet. His twitter finger ain't working.
                  Bob Arum: Shakur Stevenson vs. William Zepeda Is A Phone Call Away
                  Published Sun Mar 17, 2024, 02:30 PM EDT​

The first fighter uttered from the mouths of both William Zepeda and his promoter Oscar De La Hoya following Zepeda’s beatdown of Maxi Hughes Saturday night was Shakur Stevenson.

Bob Arum, Stevenson’s promoter, welcomes De La Hoya to now make his first Sunday phone call to Arum.

“Let Oscar call me and I’ll get that fight done for July,” Arum told BoxingScene. “We have a date, July 6, and the Prudential Center is reserved. We certainly would consider him.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/bob-arum...l-away--182195

I wonder if Oscar made that call???

Comment

Bob Arum: Shakur Stevenson vs. William Zepeda Is A Phone Call Away
                    Published Sun Mar 17, 2024, 02:30 PM EDT​

The first fighter uttered from the mouths of both William Zepeda and his promoter Oscar De La Hoya following Zepeda’s beatdown of Maxi Hughes Saturday night was Shakur Stevenson.

Bob Arum, Stevenson’s promoter, welcomes De La Hoya to now make his first Sunday phone call to Arum.

“Let Oscar call me and I’ll get that fight done for July,” Arum told BoxingScene. “We have a date, July 6, and the Prudential Center is reserved. We certainly would consider him.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/bob-arum...l-away--182195

I wonder if Oscar made that call???

I'm pretty sure.
                    He made the call for Zurdo to fight Bivol.
                    He made the call for Ryan to fight Haney.
                    He made the call for Mungia to fight Canelo.
                    We already know who has proven record sending his fighters to difficult opponents.

Comment

Working...
                    X