Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bill Haney Says Shakur Stevenson "Brings Nothing To The Table"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

I enjoy skills too. Fan of Rigo, for that matter. Haney has been good about throwing punches lately, but dunno what happened to Shakur. Don't think he's got the dog in him. So it's a fight in which Haney punches and doesn't land, because he's fighting Shakur, who evades but doesn't punch because he doesn't have that dog in him, and doesn't engage unless he's got the advantage and feels comfortable, and Haney has a 4" reach advantage and is fast and slick too. When have you EVER seen Shakur take a risk? It's anathema to his style. And Haney, while pillowfisted, is still going to be much bigger than Shakur, so I don't see Shakur being willing to be offensive minded.

By rights Shakur ought to be competitive, but that requires him to be willing to engage in that chess match, and I'm positive he'd be much more invested in making Haney miss and forget about making him pay. And Haney doesn't like fighting off the front foot. So who's going to start the chess match??

Doesn't matter because Shakur already turned down his shot at undisputed and if he's not going to fight for all the marbles, he's not going to fight for just one. He's going to retire like Tank... wasted potential who never fought the big fights, for a variety of reasons.
    There is plenty of time for Shakur to get back on the horse. I feel the amount of stick he took over his safety first display in his last fight, where even his idol TC stuck it to him, will create a more willing Shakur. He has it in him, and he is such a brilliant boxer I wouldn't write him off just yet. The way the promoters are calling each other out, he might fight Zepeda next. I think he will win that fairly easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
      Boxing today is a pathetic joke. “You bring nothing to the table” is today’s translation of you’re a threat and a challenge and quite possibly an L so therefore we don’t want to fight you.
      Did you read the article or just the headline? It was the final throwaway comment of the piece.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Did you read the article or just the headline? It was the final throwaway comment of the piece.
        Unlike some here whose greatest accomplishment is fourth grade, I read it in its entirety. I stand by what I say.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

I had not thought about that.
          Shakur believes that's the plan, for Navarrette to fight Lomachenko, if they both win. He announced retirement immediately after Navarrette said he was fighting for the WBO Championship, and not him!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            I hope that's who Arum gives Shakur for his next fight!!! It's obvious that he's not getting Navarrette anytime soon!
            He should push vs the Mexicans
            Murutalla, Zepeda, or Navarette.

We know Gervonta and Haney are not fighting him.

Zepeda already call him out in front of everyone. Let's see what twitter fingers does.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              "He Brings nothing to the Table" - That's a challenging fight.
              Challenging to have to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

He should push vs the Mexicans
                Murutalla, Zepeda, or Navarette.

We know Gervonta and Haney are not fighting him.

Zepeda already call him out in front of everyone. Let's see what twitter fingers does.
                Let's not forget that Zepeda and Pitbull both swerved Shakur (and Frank Martin), which is why he fought De Los Santos!

Comment

bud says the same thing about boots

shakur and boots just need to work on bringing more to the table
                  Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Let's not forget that Zepeda and Pitbull both swerved Shakur (and Frank Martin), which is why he fought De Los Santos!
                    Who swerved Frank Martin?

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post

Challenging to have to watch.
                      Only if you don't understand the skills on display, any meathead can be a slugger very few can be as skilled as Haney Shakur level guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X