Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fundora: "If I Could Fight Crawford, Spence or Pacquiao I'd Do It"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
    He reminds me of PW
    So eager to entertain, their advantages become their worst enemy.

Maybe he learned to embrace his size and not fall into shootouts.
    This one right here. Exactly like Williams, dude got the height and length to make it a nightmare for anybody, but fights down to the size of his opponent. Can jab a guy from the other side of the ring all day if he wanted to. Was picking apart Mendoza all fight, but gave him plenty of opportunities to land something big being up close and Mendoza finally landed a big one and flattened him. Bohachuk is good, but if Fundora actually does use his size the way he should, he should dominate this fight. But that's a big IF. Hard to change the old habits that got him this far.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post

This one right here. Exactly like Williams, dude got the height and length to make it a nightmare for anybody, but fights down to the size of his opponent. Can jab a guy from the other side of the ring all day if he wanted to. Was picking apart Mendoza all fight, but gave him plenty of opportunities to land something big being up close and Mendoza finally landed a big one and flattened him. Bohachuk is good, but if Fundora actually does use his size the way he should, he should dominate this fight. But that's a big IF. Hard to change the old habits that got him this far.
      Williams let a slow handed guy like Margarito land 1200 punches

These habits are hard to correct.
      His trainers have their work cut out for them.

Comment

1200 punches?

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post

1200 punches?
          Might have been 1300

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio
            Without your eyes getting fixed, all three put you on your back inside of 7 rounds.
            That doesn't matter it would be a big opportunity to fight those guys that's where he is coming from, so many of those fringe guys never get a shot at a legacy fight during thier career and like the lottery you got to be in to win it.

Comment

Margacheato landed 27% of his punches against Williams for a total of 155 total punches landed out of 571. Williams moves beautifully in that fight using angles and slipping punches on the inside while staying busy. You should go back and watch that fight cause you’re grossly mistaking. There’s not a boxer in history that landed 1200 punches in a fight. That would be deadly for a fighter.

Comment

Spence and him would be fun. Pac n Bud lawnchair him

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Konuwa View Post

Margacheato landed 27% of his punches against Williams for a total of 155 total punches landed out of 571. Williams moves beautifully in that fight using angles and slipping punches on the inside while staying busy. You should go back and watch that fight cause you’re grossly mistaking. There’s not a boxer in history that landed 1200 punches in a fight. That would be deadly for a fighter.
                  The compubox machine broke after the 800th punch landed.
                  PW moved like a pigeon toed giraffe.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio

It DOES matter.

Or are you suggesting that we should let prospects always fight the top guys?

You know good and damn well NSB will accuse those top guys of cherry picking.

Because remember - Canelo's been fighting B-tier and he gets called a cherry picker and a ducker for giving "big opportunities" to lesser talent.

We need to be consistent.
                    Its looking at the comment Fundora made from his perspective.

I thought that was obvious, I don't know how you turned it to Im advocating the fights, I said it don't matter to him its a legacy fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Konuwa View Post

This is correct. I think he probably meant "thrown" instead of landed and mistook another fighter. Margarito previously held the all-time compubox record for most thrown punches in a fight. He threw around 1,675 punches against Clottey in dec 2006. This record was broken by Soto-Karass who threw 1,848 punches in his last fight against Macias in nov 2018. But I think Margarito still holds that record for being in a title bout.

Comment

Working...
                      X