Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Algieri: Munguia's Whole Career Was Made for This Moment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Algieri: Munguia's Whole Career Was Made for This Moment

Former world champion Chris Algieri believes the May 4 all-Mexican clash between Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Jaime Munguia could turn into a shootout.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 03-13-2024, 06:06 PM.

Not going to trash Munguia for landing Canelo, it's not his fault Canelo decided to chicken out. I'm not going to say Munguia doesn't deserve it, he's beat some better competition than some of the other SMW, I just think Benavides deserves it more than anyone, if Canelo would of fought Munguia after Benavides, I would of been perfectly fine with that.
    Boricua181 Boricua181 likes this.

Comment

This fight isn't interesting.

It's a sure fire action fight, but I mean, Munguia barely beat Derevyanchenko.

Comment

The fight is a cut above dancing with stars, it doesn't interest me. That said, I do like the the guys on Pro-Box where every person knows their shyt and they don't hold back. They don't answer to networks or promoters or anyone else. It's not Stephen A Smith yelling some BS boxing rant, they actually know boxing and they don't always agree but still manage to do keep it respectful.
        Last edited by factsarenice; 03-13-2024, 11:38 AM.

Comment

hes 100 percent correct. his whole career has been steered to land the canelo fight, and thats why he avoided every threat for the last 6 years. ducking does pay off folks
          crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

I'm rooting for Munguia. I think he will pull off a shocker, and then repeat it again in the rematch which I'm sure the contract stipulates.

Comment

This would be a really big fight if Benavidez was GUARANTEED winner. Leaving the Benavidez fight out there leaves a sour taste in peoples mouths going into it, at least its how I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Misia View Post
                I'm rooting for Munguia. I think he will pull off a shocker, and then repeat it again in the rematch which I'm sure the contract stipulates.
                No he won't. We know ginger can take a punch, we don't know that about munguia. The only way the fight can get interesting is if he can take canelos punch, which by the way is nothing like Julian Jackson nor Tommy Hearns, he's not a knock out artist but he can hurt people.

Comment

Originally posted by WarVeteranO01 View Post
                  This would be a really big fight if Benavidez was GUARANTEED winner. Leaving the Benavidez fight out there leaves a sour taste in peoples mouths going into it, at least its how I feel.
                  not gonna happen. canelo has had plenty of time to fight benavidez. he has no interest. every ranking body/media outlet should strip canelo from the rankings.

ben.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Misia View Post
                    Where do I even begin....I guess my first question for you would be, did you just start watching boxing 3 weeks ago?

Comment

Working...
                    X