No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Briedis Has 'Surprises' For Opetaia In Saudi Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by super-x View Post

in the world of business the only colour is green. if saudi keep throwing the 100s of millions they currently are into various sports and events who will say no to them? In the end everyone goes to work to get paid, who wouldnt want to get few mill more foe the same amount of nights work? I cant see any boxer getting the saudi opportunity turning it down regardless of who it is.
    Tank Davis but he doesn't care about money. He's just in it for the fame and to feed his ego. Opponent control is more important to him than money

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Saudi is the Vegas of fights that wouldn't be big fights in Vegas.
      This is a good rematch & the only reason it wouldn't be big in Vegas is because they only seem to appeal to casuals who only pay for superstars, celebs or youtubers!
      dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Bredis is no joke or wasn't anyway.

I do wonder what he has left though at 39.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post

This is a good rematch & the only reason it wouldn't be big in Vegas is because they only seem to appeal to casuals who only pay for superstars, celebs or youtubers!
          Correct. American ignoramuses prefer Jake Paul "because he on social media, bruh".

Comment

This has all the ingredients to be a quick KO win for Opetaia. All the momentum is with him. Briedis has been inactive since the hardest fight of his career, a loss, and is only really getting this opportunity because of the IBF's lack of common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

That statement could age badly - fighters go where the money is so unless Vegas ups the ante then I think eventually even the Crawfords and Spences will be tempted to Saudi.
              But as of now that statement is very accurate

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

Tank Davis but he doesn't care about money. He's just in it for the fame and to feed his ego. Opponent control is more important to him than money
                I dont think its tank not wanting that saudi money, its more uncle Al having not gone to saudi yet. Promoters in control, its only when management make that move does the opportunities then come round to the boxers.

Comment

Working...
                X