Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Garcia-Haney Will ***** Garcia-Davis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fight has tremendous buzz.. Haney needs to try to sell more and has Daddy needs to fall back a bit lol

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post

If his "hype" is his social media following, let's look at the actual evidence to see whether what you are suggesting is true, or simply a bad faith argument.

Before the fight with Tank, his no. of instagram followers was around 9.5m. Now it's 10m. Doesn't look like half his hype has gone from this metric. Yes these will be casual fans, not hardcore boxing fans. But that's the point. You don't make massive sales via hardcore fans, you do it by crossing over to casuals.

I thnk it will sell, if Garcia can keep his head together (debatable at the moment!). Regardless, the proof will be in the pudding, so we'll just have to wait and see.
      Gaining IG followers doesn’t add to people believing he’s a legit threat to Haney. We all saw him quit. His ability to sell has peaked and is all downhill from here. He’ll never see those numbers he did with tank again.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post

One of boxing's biggest problems is that fans ditch fighters as soon as they have an L or two on their record. It's why so many fighters are desperate to avoid risk, protect their 0 and why compelling, competitive fights at a high level are so few and far between.
        Oh no not at all … many fighters with big L records I root for and love to watch. The yappers that claim too much crap I don’t care for and then get destroyed

Comment

Haney is the problem here
          He can’t sell chit and no one likes his style
          Ryan like him or not will bring his 11 million Instagram followers
          What exactly is Haney gonna bring ?

Comment

Working...
          X