Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boss Nelo's most "reasonable" basis for not fighting David Benavidez next...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss Nelo's most "reasonable" basis for not fighting David Benavidez next...

Boss Nelo's most "reasonable" basis for not fighting David Benavidez next...

David is a drug cheat ...

David is not American...

David's offer is less than $55M guaranteed...

David is Mexican...

David is not Jermall...

Other reason (just state)...
    David is a drug cheat ...
    5.88%
    David is not American...
    0%
    David's offer is less than $55M guaranteed...
    11.76%
    David is Mexican...
    5.88%
    David is not Jermall...
    11.76%
    Other reason (just state)...
    64.71%

How about Canelo is concerned he'll take a beating. At this point there's no legitimate reason not to fight Benavidez. Berlanga and Mungia definitely don't deserve it over him.
    Oracle01 Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

Fear....

Comment

Canelo is scared to look old or lose in the ring hence the easier opposition selected lately and unfortunately, for the rest of his stay in the ring.

Comment

Idk why he won't fight him, style wise, this fight favors Canelo and I think he beats David fairly enough. Dancers and movers give Canelo trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
            Idk why he won't fight him, style wise, this fight favors Canelo and I think he beats David fairly enough. Dancers and movers give Canelo trouble.
            100% agree! I don't like Canelo dodging antics but I believe he will convincingly beat Benavidez.

Comment

Canelo didn’t want to get stopped for the first time in his career and played it safe against Munguia and Berlanga. Benavidez style wise is a nightmare for Canelo at this stage of his career. Canelo’s gas tank is trash and Benavidez has the highest punch output in all of boxing would’ve drown Canelo in the second half of the fight.

Basically Benavidez was going to give Canelo some of that “Mexican style” boxing and Canelo didn’t want it.

Comment

Agree to disagree, but while I do think movers are what give Canelo the most problem. I think he can be beaten by getting outworked aswell.

I am not saying it's a impossible task for Canelo, just that David brings his own set of problems similarly to how GGG and Jacobs did. He has the height advantage, a bigger output with one of the best precisions for a boxer and he has a great gas tank. His defense isn't flashy or the best out there, but it's not like it's his biggest disadvantage either, it's kinda underrated to a degree.
                Last edited by Feroz; 02-26-2024, 03:57 PM.
                MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Poor Broke Channel didn't have the money Canelo is looking for. Simple as that.

Comment

My working theory: he's delaying the Benavidez bout because he's waiting for Bivol/Beterbiev. Canelo vs. Bivol/Beterbiev is Undisputed vs. Undisputed, easily marketable and also enhances his legacy. Benavidez is marketable too, but it's just a title defense. If Bivol beats Beterbiev, he'll be able to negotiate a much better deal in a Canelo rematch.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 02-26-2024, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X