No announcement yet.

Benny And Sr thinking of moving to light heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benny And Sr thinking of moving to light heavyweight

So I’ve been hearing rumours that Benny and dad are thinking of moving up after hearing of Canelo not having intentions of facing him
    As we all know he’s been the WBC mandatory ever since his victory over Boo Boo but that hasn’t gotten him any closer to the Canelo sweepstakes
    That being said , I think Benny gets beaten by multiple top ten light heavyweight fighters at the moment ; Beterbiev , Bivol , Gvodzyk And Even Yarde might beat him
    He won’t have the weight or size advantage anymore
    What’s your take , should he make the move ?
    Is it in his best interest or should he hold back ?
    Intriguing to say the least whatever he decides imo

Before he does that he should sue the WBC to enforce his mandatory position. Seems silly to be willing to face Beterbiev in the ring but not take on a fat chump like Sulaiman in the courtroom.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
      Before he does that he should sue the WBC to enforce his mandatory position. Seems silly to be willing to face Beterbiev in the ring but not take on a fat chump like Sulaiman in the courtroom.
      Totally agree but what does he do in the meanwhile ?
      That could take years to sort and much money
      Easier said than done

Comment

WBC are corrupt. Sulaimán should be in jail. They should strip Canelo if he is unwilling to face the mandatory. He has fought a series of bums since Bivo loss, hes had 3 voluntary defenses already.
        Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
          WBC are corrupt. Sulaimán should be in jail. They should strip Canelo if he is unwilling to face the mandatory. He has fought a series of bums since Bivo loss, hes had 3 voluntary defenses already.
          Benny going up , you think he has any chance now that he’d be fighting guys his own size so to say lol

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

yeah i wish these fighters would sue them, would get some funny admissions from WBC in the court room. Similiar to news organizations saying they are entertainment not news to the courts or the NFL saying they are sports entertainment not real sports.

WBC's defense would probably be something like "our 'mandatories' are suggestions and not required to maintain the championship and we retain the right to change the rules at any time, we dont require our 'champions' to face the perceived best fighters" blah blah blah
            nghtmr111 nghtmr111 dan-b dan-b like this.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Benny going up , you think he has any chance now that he’d be fighting guys his own size so to say lol

he could probably beat some lower tier guys sure, hes still huge. He has big weight cuts which I think if he goes up once he is never coming back down again, his body will get used to it.

Against bivol or Beterbiev no chance. Even someone like Yarde is fuking him up, a big athletic guy with power who can move, Benavidez' main size advantage gone, I see him getting knocked out by Yarde even though Davids defense isnt as bad as portrayed, hes not margarito level bad but its still pretty open

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

he could probably beat some lower tier guys sure, hes still huge. He has big weight cuts which I think if he goes up once he is never coming back down again, his body will get used to it.

Against bivol or Beterbiev no chance. Even someone like Yarde is fuking him up, a big athletic guy with power who can move, Benavidez' main size advantage gone, I see him getting knocked out by Yarde even though Davids defense isnt as bad as portrayed, hes not margarito level bad but its still pretty open
                Yup , can’t see him making to much noise at light heavyweight
                That’s my take also about Yarde getting the better of him
                And I think his offence is his defence

Comment

Feel sorry for the kid. He can' t fight N.1 in his division because boxing is pure corruption.

I don' t think he can make a noice at 175.

Comment

well done benny

u just made fools out of both the wbc & their little pet canelo

twist the knife a bit further by holding out at 168 this year i would say

Comment

Working...
                    X