Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you rate Eduardo "Sugar" Nunez at 130?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you rate Eduardo "Sugar" Nunez at 130?

27 wins, 1 loss and 27 knockouts. He is currently coming off a big win over former champion and top contender Shavkatdzhon Rakhimov by 11th round knockout in Rhakimov's hometown. He is now the IBF mandatory Challenger.

How would you rate him compared to other top super featherweight fighters like Joe Cordina and Oshaquie Foster?

I think stopping Rakhimov puts him high, probably as high as top 5. His defense is porous but his pressure is non stop and his power is good. I'd pick him to beat Cordina but I'm not sure he beats Foster (though I would pick Cordina to beat Foster).

I expect him to fight and beat the Lebron-Suarez winner for the vacant IBF.
    El Escorpion Feroz likes this.

Comment

He's definitely top 10 after that win, borderline top 5

Comment

I think be might be the most dangerous guy in the division, not sure whether he’s a complete enough fighter to beat some of the top guys though.

I’d like to see him fight Mauricio Lara. That would be a war!

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          I think stopping Rakhimov puts him high, probably as high as top 5. His defense is porous but his pressure is non stop and his power is good. I'd pick him to beat Cordina but I'm not sure he beats Foster (though I would pick Cordina to beat Foster).

I expect him to fight and beat the Lebron-Suarez winner for the vacant IBF.
          Yeah I agree, styles make fights, though I think Eduardo has a puncher's chance with Foster despite being stylistically at a disadvantage similar to Rocky and Nova.

I think Nunez vs Lebron would be entertaining, but I hope he gets to fight Joe Cordina and Leigh Wood down the line.
          Last edited by Feroz; 02-18-2024, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X