Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Tszyu on Keith Thurman: Don't Disrespect My [Mexican] Style Because I Actually Hurt People; He's a Split-Decision Guy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I can get good odds on Thurman getting dropped I'll be all in - a tenner instead of my normal fiver

Tim by KO with a body shot - Keith's kryptonite

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

If he brings his power up, he wobbled Barrios and hit him clean many times doing nothing, 135lb Davis stopped him, the biggest thing Ive seen leave Thurman is power he is not hurting guys he should stop, he will give Tim problems with his movement and angles but can he keep a young bull off him for 12, he better be in great shape to dance all night.
      I think he'll win some rounds early - this might look a bit like Kell Brook vs Golovkin (lesser version as Tim doesn't have Golovkin's power) - Brook was in the fight until 4th round and then got splattered.
      Roadblock Roadblock likes this.

Comment

I'm curious as to why they agreed to have a non-title fight at 155...

Comment

Originally posted by Unidentified View Post
          I'm curious as to why they agreed to have a non-title fight at 155...
          Because Thurman is unranked at 154 and hasn’t fought in 2 years .Fight couldn’t be sanctioned for a Title.
          Unidentified Unidentified likes this.

Comment

If he brings his power up, he wobbled Barrios and hit him clean many times doing nothing, 135lb Davis stopped him, the biggest thing Ive seen leave Thurman is power he is not hurting guys he should stop, he will give Tim problems with his movement and angles but can he keep a young bull off him for 12, he better be in great shape to dance all night.
            Perhaps what I should of said, is if Thurman has some new found power at the higher weight. If he has absolutely nothing on his shots that Tim hasn't felt before, Tim is coming for that KO to do something nobody has done yet to Thurman and obviously to get that name on his resume. Considering I haven't seen Thurman in some time and have enjoyed his fights, I wouldn't mind if he can pull off the upset.
            Roadblock Roadblock likes this.

Comment

Some people even mention Tzsyu getting knocked down by Terrell Gausha. But Gausha had power and he has dangerous moments in his every fight. I like the guy and I always looked forward every time he has a fight scheduled. I just don't know why PBC keep such fighters on the shelf when he can be in any undercard. Lots of 154 guys at PBC that are unnecessarily being kept dormant.
              JJ75JJ JJ75JJ likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
                Thurman is a hair better than Porter and Garcia. While these guys were positioned as the best, they were solidly B level. Most famous for beating each other, right? The Thurman that lost to Pac loses to Tszyu. Can Thurman whip himself into better shape at 35? I seriously doubt it. I'd love to be proven wrong.
                Lmao delusional Thurman beat those guys decisively so he's not "a hair better" than them. Whereas spencerina barely got by porter and won a close fight against Garcia is more on the button of being a hair better

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrider View Post
                  Some people even mention Tzsyu getting knocked down by Terrell Gausha. But Gausha had power and he has dangerous moments in his every fight. I like the guy and I always looked forward every time he has a fight scheduled. I just don't know why PBC keep such fighters on the shelf when he can be in any undercard. Lots of 154 guys at PBC that are unnecessarily being kept dormant.
                  Gausha took that fight on short notice and actually showed a lot of holes in Tim, Terrel was a fringe guy who got beat whenever he faced a rise in class I think he had only 9 or so stoppages, it was a breakout fight for Tim but lucky for him it wasn't Charlo on that night or the Tim freight train leaves the track, he has improved since then Im really interested in seeing how he handles Thurmans boxing for the first half of the fight Mendoza is easy to out box Keith is way more cagey.

Comment

It's because here in the states, the media and some fans praise this coward way of fighting and call it boxing. I mean look how they get all gitty over guys like Haney, Stevenson, I mean they want to call Mayweather one of the best ever. I get, hit and don't get hit right, but at some point you need to show what kind of a fighter you are and trade, go toe to toe, to prove you are indeed a better fighter. All these guys when things get tuff, they get on their bicycle, hug hold , throw elbows and low blows because they know that's the only way they can win....
                    Last edited by Greenfield02; 02-15-2024, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Gausha took that fight on short notice and actually showed a lot of holes in Tim, Terrel was a fringe guy who got beat whenever he faced a rise in class I think he had only 9 or so stoppages, it was a breakout fight for Tim but lucky for him it wasn't Charlo on that night or the Tim freight train leaves the track, he has improved since then Im really interested in seeing how he handles Thurmans boxing for the first half of the fight Mendoza is easy to out box Keith is way more cagey.
                      You can disagree and say whatever you want bro, but that doesn't necessarily mean I take your comments seriously. Last time you predicted Harrison would be too much for Tzsyu and you went along with everyone saying Tim is too basic. Look how it went.
                      JJ75JJ JJ75JJ likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X