Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: I Did Everything I Could Do Against Jamaine Ortiz; He Didn't Wanna Compete

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

You're right, he was unable to cut off the ring vs a guy who wanted to do everything but fight. In the end the right man won. Ortiz doesnt a co-main or main event. That sh.it was a horrible display on Jamaine's part
    If I paid $30K to sit and watch that fight last night I’d of been PISSED. I could give a fook about who should have won. I EXPECT to be entertained. That was SHEEIT!!
    I really appreciate a TRUE, ELITE boxer like Crawford. Jermaine WASNT laying it hard enough on Teo to deserve TAKING HIS BELTS. I’ll NEVER pay to see Ortiz fight. I don’t give a fook how good a boxer he is. Anyone saying otherwise is delusional.
    El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

If I paid $30K to sit and watch that fight last night I’d of been PISSED. I could give a fook about who should have won. I EXPECT to be entertained. That was SHEEIT!!
      I really appreciate a TRUE, ELITE boxer like Crawford. Jermaine WASNT laying it hard enough on Teo to deserve TAKING HIS BELTS. I’ll NEVER pay to see Ortiz fight. I don’t give a fook how good a boxer he is. Anyone saying otherwise is delusional.
      It's a part of the sport. Guys like Ortiz don't generally ever become big draws. But that said, he still won by the rules and deserved the belts. Maybe there should be a category added to the judging weight round by round of who stands and trades and who doesn't. It would make many fights more exciting.

As it is though, Ortiz clearly won. And as I said in my earlier post, there is a reason Lopez was so inneffective. Everytime he tried to cut the ring off Ortiz hit him with hard shots. Even the announcers mentioned that, that Ortiz was hitting and then just gone. That is boxing. Lopez couldn't cut the ring off because Ortiz was hitting him everytime he tried. Teo turned his back a few times to keep from getting hit. Teo basically gave up halfway through the fight because he had no answer.

Lopez really looked like ****. He has no answer for a guy who can hit him and that he can't hit cleanly.

He knew he lost at the end as well. He started bawling when they announced his name. It was obvious relief, he thought he lost again. And he did. But Arum certainly had things squared away with the judges in case Ortiz pulled off the upset. And he did.
      Last edited by Theshotyoudontsee; 02-09-2024, 11:27 PM.
      Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

117-111 is clown bullshít like what were the judges watching or were they drinking and smoking crack, Top Rank my ass it's top retards that's it's new name

Comment

Bradley decided to proclaim Lopez didn’t know how to cut off the ring, and dumbos bought it in mass quan******. Fact is, Ortiz would have managed to run in any direction and Lopez knew it. He decided to follow him to shame him into stopping to fight at some point but he Never did. It’s all about hating on Lopez, but in reality, Ortiz is the only one on the fast track to complete obscurity. If his performance was so great let’s see who’s going to give him another title shot.

Comment

I thought Ortiz boxed beautifully. Great footwork.
            Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Pretty sure said something similar after Santon outclassed him and got robbed as well.

Comment

ortiz was a runnin fool. any other ppv hes in im not buying it. stunk the place out

Comment

You have to cut off the ring to deal with a skills fighter. Obviously Lopez hasn’t learned that.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post

It's a part of the sport. Guys like Ortiz don't generally ever become big draws. But that said, he still won by the rules and deserved the belts. Maybe there should be a category added to the judging weight round by round of who stands and trades and who doesn't. It would make many fights more exciting.

As it is though, Ortiz clearly won. And as I said in my earlier post, there is a reason Lopez was so inneffective. Everytime he tried to cut the ring off Ortiz hit him with hard shots. Even the announcers mentioned that, that Ortiz was hitting and then just gone. That is boxing. Lopez couldn't cut the ring off because Ortiz was hitting him everytime he tried. Teo turned his back a few times to keep from getting hit. Teo basically gave up halfway through the fight because he had no answer.

Lopez really looked like ****. He has no answer for a guy who can hit him and that he can't hit cleanly.

He knew he lost at the end as well. He started bawling when they announced his name. It was obvious relief, he thought he lost again. And he did. But Arum certainly had things squared away with the judges in case Ortiz pulled off the upset. And he did.
                    I stand by what I said. NO ONE is going to pay to see Ortiz fight. Ortiz had better speed, power, athleticism, timing, distance control and yet still made the fight BORING. With all that talent. WHY WAS HE RUNNING and looking scared? He should have beat the sheeit out of Teo. He had all the skills to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
                      I watched the fight again, no sound no commentators. Ortiz won by at least three rounds on better punches, ring generalship and good defense. What no one seems to be mentioning is the fact that Lopez had the opportunity to make it ugly and cut the ring off, but it Ortiz was countering him with hard shots. Several times Lopez got hit with hard shots and turned his back. Ortiz got the better of almost every exchange. Lopez landed one punch here and there, and then got frustrated.

Point being, if you watch the fight with the sound off, Ortiz really beat Lopez easily. The commentators said nothing when Ortiz was landing solid shots, and they never commented on his footwork, which had Lopez totally miffed. And Lopez does not like getting hit, Ortiz was hitting him whenever Lopez got close trying to hit him with power shots, and he basically just gave up trying to engage. The crowd and commentators really make you think Ortiz is doing nothing but running, but he outboxed Lopez terribly, and hit Lopez with the far cleaner shots.

I don't like runners, but Ortiz was really boxing well. But if you listened to the ESPN guys, Lopez wasn't getting the KO and so Ortiz was just doing nothing. It isn't true.

A boring fight to be sure, but Haney fights in a very similar manner. Teo won because of money and A side silliness. And I didn't like the fight and got bored. But this one really exposes the judges corruption. Until they make a rule that guys have to stand and trade for x amount if minutes per fight and that it is part of the scoring weight, outboxing a guy who is a bigger hitter than you is the way for guys to win the fight, it is legal and the sport is called boxing.

Ortiz got robbed.
                      Then I suggest that you get that sound back on as soon as possible because Ortiz’ punches sounded like a slap from my grandma or just no sound at all (see, because they hit nothing but air) whereas Lopez’ had the thud you hear when someone is about to have their asses handed to them unless they get on their BMX
                      Last edited by JonDP; 02-10-2024, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X