Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaime Munguia on Canelo: It Would Be an Honor To Share The Ring With Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaime Munguia on Canelo: It Would Be an Honor To Share The Ring With Him

Before a crowd of 10, 836 screaming fans from the Footprint Center in Phoenix, Arizona, former world champion Jaime Munguia (43-0, 34 KOs) sent a message to the super middleweight division in a dramatic fight where he stopped John "The Gorilla" Ryder (32-7, 18 KOs) in the ninth round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo would beat this kid to a pulp. Mungia has an iron chin and it would be tested often by Canelo's heavy shots.
    blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

surely he cant be a canelo opponent because canelo said he wont fight mexicans?

Comment

If you want Canelo fight, you must act like Bivol. Struggle badly in your last fights, which will make managers and casuals believe Canelo beats you easily.

Comment

Mungia loses badly to Canelo. He gets hit way too often. Ryder was catching him with counter rights all night long, only his iron chin saved him

Comment

Originally posted by Claude Palle View Post
            Canelo would beat this kid to a pulp. Mungia has an iron chin and it would be tested often by Canelo's heavy shots.
            Does he though? I'm not saying Munguia deserves a shot but I'm a big believer in styles makes fights and there's a reason Canelo has avoided Benavides and that is that Canelo avoids high volume puncher's. I'm not saying Munguia beats Canelo but look at Canelo's last opponents, besides Bivol who beat him, Canelo prefers boxers or boxer puncher's who fight at a pace. Canelo doesn't want guys with a high work rate because he fights at a pace and those guys will tire him out, Bivol to a degree did that and Canelo couldn't keep up with his work rate. After all I've seen from Benavides and Munguia, Charlo will get the nod to fight Canelo next because he fights at a pace Canelo wants.... Book it...

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post

Does he though? I'm not saying Munguia deserves a shot but I'm a big believer in styles makes fights and there's a reason Canelo has avoided Benavides and that is that Canelo avoids high volume puncher's. I'm not saying Munguia beats Canelo but look at Canelo's last opponents, besides Bivol who beat him, Canelo prefers boxers or boxer puncher's who fight at a pace. Canelo doesn't want guys with a high work rate because he fights at a pace and those guys will tire him out, Bivol to a degree did that and Canelo couldn't keep up with his work rate. After all I've seen from Benavides and Munguia, Charlo will get the nod to fight Canelo next because he fights at a pace Canelo wants.... Book it...
              Totally agree, at this point in his career he just doesn't have the gas or power to deal with these strong chinned bombs away pressure fighters. Not saying he couldn't win the fights somehow, but he ain't going to rush to fight these guys.

Honestly I cant wait until he retires and guys start fighting each other instead of chasing that bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post

Take a hard look at Mungia's record. He had a lot of trouble with Hogan and Derevyanchenko. What other top names has he beaten? Also, don't forget that he was a weight bully. I was ringside for the Sadam Ali fight. Mungia was twice his size. Easy work for Canelo!
                easthou easthou likes this.

Comment

There isn't a remote chance in hell that Munguia beats Canelo lol.
                  easthou easthou likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Claude Palle View Post

Take a hard look at Mungia's record. He had a lot of trouble with Hogan and Derevyanchenko. What other top names has he beaten? Also, don't forget that he was a weight bully. I was ringside for the Sadam Ali fight. Mungia was twice his size. Easy work for Canelo!
                    And that's why I said that I wasn't sure Munguia beats Canelo. My point was about the perception Canelo has, and with that, Canelo looks at young guys like Benavides like Munguia with high work rates and decent chins and his camp probably says, not that guy, give me the guy that fights at my rate, and that's the guy they will choose.... So Charlo will be the guy.
                    Claude Palle Claude Palle likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X