Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former fighter Sergio Mora was unaware you can't turn your back to your opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former fighter Sergio Mora was unaware you can't turn your back to your opponent

Jesus what an idiot. DAZN commentary is the worst.
    MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

The same thing happened in the later fight 6th round and reff halted it and faced them up, the reason she turned her back was catching feet that turned her, the other girl kept chasing and throwing while he back was turned and covered up, the ref should have done the same thing halted the action as soon as she turned and ducked but he didn't he let Fundora chase her throwing punches, wrong call by the ref.
    Last edited by Roadblock; 01-28-2024, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Mora is right actually. That was an awful stoppage.
      The girl ended up in this position due to being off balance, she didn't purposefully turned her back. It happens sometimes and fights are never stopped. A competent ref should be able to tell the difference between a fighter who's turning his back because he's had enough and one who accidentally ends up in this position. Just like refs halt the action whenever a fighter finds himself tangled up in the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        Jesus what an idiot. DAZN commentary is the worst.
        Brother , don’t tell me you just noticed ?
        Dazn commentary has to be the most inexperienced chit I’ve seen
        Even Tuesday night fights had better

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
          Mora is right actually. That was an awful stoppage.
          The girl ended up in this position due to being off balance, she didn't purposefully turned her back. It happens sometimes and fights are never stopped. A competent ref should be able to tell the difference between a fighter who's turning his back because he's had enough and one who accidentally ends up in this position. Just like refs halt the action whenever a fighter finds himself tangled up in the ropes.
          She was hurt to the body and actually took a few steps forward covering up that’s a disqualification according to the rules which isn’t called enough,I remember Pulev did it with Joshua in round 3 and no one said anything . Lol

I know Cruz personally so I’d like to say it was a bad stoppage but the fact is you can’t turn your back because it’s a forfeit, this was caused by a clean punch up top and then a body shot ,she turtled up and walked towards the ropes you can’t do that .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            She was hurt to the body and actually took a few steps forward covering up that’s a disqualification according to the rules which isn’t called enough,I remember Pulev did it with Joshua in round 3 and no one said anything . Lol

I know Cruz personally so I’d like to say it was a bad stoppage but the fact is you can’t turn your back because it’s a forfeit, this was caused by a clean punch up top and then a body shot ,she turtled up and walked towards the ropes you can’t do that .
            Takes a big man to go against a friend
            Tip my hat to you although we don’t agree on many things
            Saw your post earlier saying how you knew the family and all
            Good post and right call
            juggernaut666 juggernaut666 likes this.

Comment

Thats not what I remember seeing I,ll have another look, it looked to me that the reason she was spun/turned was the feet got clipped and through her off balance Fundora moved around her and kept throwing punches as she covered up, now if you have your back to your opponent suddenly there is moment of disorientation, if your covered up and they keep punching your not coming out of cover, the moment she was turned/spun around the action should have been halted and face them up, not let her have her back in a continued assault, I will have another look.

I take it back you guys are right the stoppage was good, she was caught by a right hook which started the turn then another right hook and was hurt Fundrora auto hit the kidney area and it hurt her, the ref could have chose to break it on the kidney punch but he waved it off with the girl hurt.
              Last edited by Roadblock; 01-28-2024, 03:38 AM.

Comment

I thought she was off-balance at the beggining but I haven't seen a replay to be fair. She walked forward because the referee was letting her get punched while she was in a vulnerable position instead of halting the action and give her a warning.

I don't think she quit. This wasn't like Angulo when he turned his back against Lara. I'm not saying former pro fighters are always right but Mora was of the same opinion and was surprised the fight was stopped like that.

Tell her I said it's a bad stoppage, that might cheer her up.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Thats not what I remember seeing I,ll have another look, it looked to me that the reason she was spun/turned was the feet got clipped and through her off balance Fundora moved around her and kept throwing punches as she covered up, now if you have your back to your opponent suddenly there is moment of disorientation, if your covered up and they keep punching your not coming out of cover, the moment she was turned/spun around the action should have been halted and face them up, not let her have her back in a continued assault, I will have another look.

I take it back you guys are right the stoppage was good, she was caught by a right hook which started the turn then another right hook and was hurt Fundrora auto hit the kidney area and it hurt her, the ref could have chose to break it on the kidney punch but he waved it off with the girl hurt.
                  Exactly
                  I also thought originally her feet were tangled up
                  It actually seemed that way from her reaction until replay

Comment

Watched it again just to be sure.

She got knocked off-balance by a right hook from Fundora and by her own wide left hook that missed. A follow up hook that hit her behind the head turned his back completely. That's when the ref should have intervened. He didn't, so she covered up and walked towards the ropes, which wasn't a good reaction. The point is she never turned her back willfully.

Poor stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                    X