Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Catterall: Josh Taylor Rematch Will Happen By Any Means Necessary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Catterall: Josh Taylor Rematch Will Happen By Any Means Necessary

It seemed like the talking was almost over. It is almost two years since Josh Taylor retained his undisputed super lightweight title with a controversial split decision victory over Jack Catterall.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jesus Jack, it is time to move on - First to Comment Guy

Comment

I don't know if it's just Taylor who is looking for big money for this fight or if it's both fighters but I'm surprised to read that this is the second most talked about matchup in British boxing. That sounds like a stretch. Maybe in the 6 months following the first fight but it's lost it's lustre and allure and is no longer the sought after redemption fight it once was.
      Too much time has passed and both have looked mediocre in subsequent fights.
      It seems like Taylor thinks it's still a marquee matchup and will garner a lot of interest from fans but I just don't see it at this point. If he's expecting a huge payday I don't think the fight ever happens. DAZN is right not to put it on PPV, it's not PPV unless the undercard was absolutely stacked or had a world title fight on it.
      They have to be realistic and acknowledge that neither Jack or Josh are considered top 3 in their division any longer, let alone champions.
      pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BritJimbo View Post
        Jesus Jack, it is time to move on - First to Comment Guy
        It doesn't seem like Taylor really wants it. He's been pulling Jack's leg since the rematch was first discussed.
        tokon tokon likes this.

Comment

I wish these bozos would go separate ways & just get on with their careers. I get that Catterall feels slighted, but I sure as hell am not itching to see that rematch. That was a terrible fight, clinching after every exchange.

Comment

I'm not going to believe that the fight is actually happening until at least the second round starts.

Comment

How messed up would it be if after all of the time that they've wasted waiting on this fight and all the energy spent on the back and forth , they get in the ring and in the first round there's a head butt and a terrible cut that stops the fight. Catterall would have to be put on suicide watch.
              Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

few years ago, Fury, AJ, maybe toss in Joyce, they could have had the greatest British hw trilogies/rivalries

Comment

it isnt that big a fight here at all most the public have little interest in either fighter, is probably just about big enough to make it a cheap PPV event if they put some names on the undercard... saying that its the biggest fight for both taylor and caterall although seems pretty clear taylor is ducking him and doesnt want it
                  tokon tokon likes this.

Comment

Noone except catterall cares about this fight anymore. Taylor has never wanted the rematch and still doesn't unless he's overpaid for it. Hearn has already admitted Dazn don't and he obviously isn't prepared to put Matchrooms own money up in support of Catterall; what does this tell you?!
                    Roj Roj likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X