Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Taylor On Catterall Rematch: I Understand You Take Loss, Take Pay Cut; I Know What I'm Worth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Taylor On Catterall Rematch: I Understand You Take Loss, Take Pay Cut; I Know What I'm Worth

Josh Taylor remains hopeful that his next fight will still be a rematch with Jack Catterall. The former undisputed 140-pound hopes, too, that Catterall's handlers realize that their initial financial offer wasn't close to what it'll take to secure a deal for their second fight. Taylor disputed during an interview with IFL TV that Catterall's
    [Click Here To Read More]

Maybe Josh needs a little extra to bribe the judges with again...

Comment

This is Bob hating on Eddie!

Comment

Now I have a hankering for some Cadbury's choccie buttons...
        Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Both should just move on. Catterall should of signed up for Hitchens and be pushing Hearn to get a fight with Teo courtesy of the Saudis. Taylor should give Avaneseyan a shot and aim for Benn after that.
          Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

I dunno if this is a big fight though. Is it?

No title on the line but a bit of an anglo scottish derby which has some needle because Josh was a bit of a prick after the first fight which he should have lost.

Unless the Saudi's **** it on an undercard how much dough is there for this?

Would it sell out the MEN? Can't be PPV by itself surely.

Unless these two are determined to hype this to the nth degree it is hard to see this as any kind of event.

Although we are pretty thin on the ground in terms of events that could be sold in the UK. Unless our light heavies start to all fight eachother. Maybe none of them are world class but they are all very evenly matched.
            Jack_sh*t Jack_sh*t Roj Roj like this.

Comment

Taylor just keeps speeding up his fall from grace , everyone knows he lost to Jack , he's just lost to Lopez , he comes across as deluded .

Comment

I’ve heard rumours that they’re nowhere close to a deal tbh. I feel like this ship has sailed too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  I dunno if this is a big fight though. Is it?

No title on the line but a bit of an anglo scottish derby which has some needle because Josh was a bit of a prick after the first fight which he should have lost.

Unless the Saudi's **** it on an undercard how much dough is there for this?

Would it sell out the MEN? Can't be PPV by itself surely.

Unless these two are determined to hype this to the nth degree it is hard to see this as any kind of event.

Although we are pretty thin on the ground in terms of events that could be sold in the UK. Unless our light heavies start to all fight eachother. Maybe none of them are world class but they are all very evenly matched.
                  Would have to be in Scotland I think. Catterall doesn’t really sell tickets.

Or an undercard fight as you suggested.

I still maintain Catterall should’ve taken that eliminator, he’s already wasted 2 years chasing Taylor.
                  Roj Roj dan-b dan-b like this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Would have to be in Scotland I think. Catterall doesn’t really sell tickets.

Or an undercard fight as you suggested.

I still maintain Catterall should’ve taken that eliminator, he’s already wasted 2 years chasing Taylor.
                    He should have went that route.

this Taylor fight, dunno, it's not a fight I'd go massively out of my way to watch either. Not that I am arbiter of boxing opinion but if I'm not massively interested I can't imagine many people being so...maybe Scots like you say.

I think a lot of us here have expressed similar opinions.

The fight seems dead on its arse. You'd watch it on tele sort of thing but you wouldn't put of plans.

There was a time when this had real momentum.

They f.ucked it.
                    Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-23-2024, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X