No announcement yet.

Jesse Rodriguez removed from p4p rankings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesse Rodriguez removed from p4p rankings

Ring adds beterbiev which I have no problem with but removes Rodriguez. Tank Davis still on the list for some reason without any ring magazine top 5 wins(their own rankings) they could have used this as an opportunity to send tank a message about his weak comp. Have some balls

Rodriguezs resume not only blows tanks away with 2 #1 wins, his performances have been far better. Tank had a 6-6 7-5 fight with Isaac Cruz. Might as well put Jake Paul on thr list if you are just chasing clicks. Have some self respect

Comment

Tank also looked poor against some random guy named Fonseca and poor against a rehydro clause drained Barrios. All these things should be red flags: weak resume, history of ducking, poor performances, draining fighters/constantly fighting smaller fighters. Oh wait he has hype, popularity, and connections in the industry put him on the list! And take out one of the best young fighters in boxing while we are at it
      Last edited by daggum; 01-20-2024, 12:04 PM.

Comment

He didn't even look that good against Ryan

Comment

Come on NSB, you all said that Ring's P4P is one of the two definitive sources. What's changed?

Meanwhile let's look at TBRB. Now, they say that a variety of factors can get you kicked off the list, including inactivity. The asterisk looks like it's calling out ones at risk of being dropped - inactive for more than 6 months by my guess.

image.png
          Bam just fought in December, so he should be good, and his win was arguably one of the two best of everyone listed (Sunny Edwards by stoppage). Before that, a Top 10 (Cristian Gonzalez), and he's been reasonably active.

Teraji is fighting a Top 10 this week (Canizales). SO he should be good. Before that, a Top 10 in September (Budler). Kyoguchi's ranking was a bit questionable; I certainly felt he deserved to be at least #8 when Teraji stopped him.

Teo has been inactive for a year, so he's at risk, but he has a fight booked in February against a guy who (arguably) isn't Top 10 (Jamaine Ortiz).

Beterbiev just smoked a Top 10 (Callum Smith), but prior to that he was inactive for a year. And IBF didn't think much of Smith prior to that fight (ranked 14).

Haney just beat a Top 10 (Prograis) in December, prior to that another Top 10 in May (Loma), prior to that another Top 10 in October (Kambosos). Having him #6 is near criminal, frankly.

Canelo fought twice in 2023; Baby Charlo and John Ryder. Only Ryder was officially ranked by the orgs (because Charlo was unified champion). Other than that, Canelo's fight pace has significantly slowed.

Bivol just fought Top 10 Lyndon Arthur, before that an overrated Top 10 in Zurdo.

Usyk is now at once-per-year status, but every fight is against a Top 10. Booked against Fury for next month, but before that, Dubois in 2023, Joshua in 2022 and 2021. Not nearly active enough.

Inoue beat Tapales (Top 10) in December, Fulton (Top 10) in July, then Butler (Top 10 (in December). If the star means risk of dropping, not sure why that would be. He's done everything he can at this point.

Crawford beat Spence (Top 10 for some reason) in July and hasn't fought since nor apparently has one scheduled for anytime in the next 3 months (accounting for camp time). Which puts him at risk of being dropped if he doesn't book a fight by July OR if he takes a "bad fight" (TBRB's rules) like Jermell Charlo.

Now, going off this list of factual data. I'd like someone to explain the numbers of WHERE guys are listed and make it make sense. Because you cannot.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post
            Come on NSB, you all said that Ring's P4P is one of the two definitive sources. What's changed?

Meanwhile let's look at TBRB. Now, they say that a variety of factors can get you kicked off the list, including inactivity. The asterisk looks like it's calling out ones at risk of being dropped - inactive for more than 6 months by my guess.

image.png
            Bam just fought in December, so he should be good, and his win was arguably one of the two best of everyone listed (Sunny Edwards by stoppage). Before that, a Top 10 (Cristian Gonzalez), and he's been reasonably active.

Teraji is fighting a Top 10 this week (Canizales). SO he should be good. Before that, a Top 10 in September (Budler). Kyoguchi's ranking was a bit questionable; I certainly felt he deserved to be at least #8 when Teraji stopped him.

Teo has been inactive for a year, so he's at risk, but he has a fight booked in February against a guy who (arguably) isn't Top 10 (Jamaine Ortiz).

Beterbiev just smoked a Top 10 (Callum Smith), but prior to that he was inactive for a year. And IBF didn't think much of Smith prior to that fight (ranked 14).

Haney just beat a Top 10 (Prograis) in December, prior to that another Top 10 in May (Loma), prior to that another Top 10 in October (Kambosos). Having him #6 is near criminal, frankly.

Canelo fought twice in 2023; Baby Charlo and John Ryder. Only Ryder was officially ranked by the orgs (because Charlo was unified champion). Other than that, Canelo's fight pace has significantly slowed.

Bivol just fought Top 10 Lyndon Arthur, before that an overrated Top 10 in Zurdo.

Usyk is now at once-per-year status, but every fight is against a Top 10. Booked against Fury for next month, but before that, Dubois in 2023, Joshua in 2022 and 2021. Not nearly active enough.

Inoue beat Tapales (Top 10) in December, Fulton (Top 10) in July, then Butler (Top 10 (in December). If the star means risk of dropping, not sure why that would be. He's done everything he can at this point.

Crawford beat Spence (Top 10 for some reason) in July and hasn't fought since nor apparently has one scheduled for anytime in the next 3 months (accounting for camp time). Which puts him at risk of being dropped if he doesn't book a fight by July OR if he takes a "bad fight" (TBRB's rules) like Jermell Charlo.

Now, going off this list of factual data. I'd like someone to explain the numbers of WHERE guys are listed and make it make sense. Because you cannot.
            i think the asteriks are all guys that are considered the champ by tbrb. i respect their list more since they dont have a bum like tank on it

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

i think the asteriks are all guys that are considered the champ by tbrb. i respect their list more since they dont have a bum like tank on it
              Let's say that's the asterisk. It changes nothing.

Look at what I shared.

There's simply NO justification for where guys are in the numeric list even if you don't disagree with them being listed.

Comment

Beterviev has tested himself recently so I understand, but I don't understand why Davis and Spence are over Bam, considering that Davis biggest win in 2023 is a dragged up former champ at 130 and Spence last win being in 2022 against Ugas having being inactive for two years prior.
                JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

PFP is who do you think would win a fight if they were the same weight, it has nothing to do with activity of who they beat. Although who they beat could factor into why one thinks a fighter belongs on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by real raw View Post
                    PFP is who do you think would win a fight if they were the same weight, it has nothing to do with activity of who they beat. Although who they beat could factor into why one thinks a fighter belongs on the list.
                    well it has something to do with who you beat otherwise we could put 1-0 prospects on the list. i think hes gonna be good! usually guys on the list are the most proven of fighters, but then they go and ruin that by putting tank on the list when his resume is complete crap. arguing over crawford or innoue is fair game but arguing tank over jesse rodriguez and siding for tank instantly puts someone into fanboy/suck up territory because like i said rodriguez has a much better resume and has had much better performances, for someone to say p4p tank is better they are just saying i like him better i dont care about evidence and if you are going to say tank is better than rodriguez then why not just say hes #1 if its truly fantasy...dont half ass it ring. put tank #1!

Comment

Working...
                    X