Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: "If Beterbiev Beats Bivol, You Gotta Start Considering Him As Number One Pound For Pound"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's silly to imagine fighters of greatly different sizes transmogrified to the same weight class. What should count is how they fare in actual fights. If Beterbiev handles Bivol in his usual fashion, and Crawford does the same to Ennis then they join Inoue as "monsters" who no one near their weight has a hope in hell of touching. Absolute domination of everyone near their size makes for a three way P4P tie in my book.

Comment

Ummm .... NO?! Let him go up in weight like Usyk and other boxers did and get belts in a higher divisions. then we can talk about potential P4P spot. His last win was a SOFT brit, Pauly is on that crack!
      Last edited by MrShakeAndBake; 01-18-2024, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Beterbiwv has 6 top 10 wins, 3 top 5 wins, and beat the #1 guy. Not on the p4p list. Tank has 3 top 10 wins, and 0 top 5 wins, not to mention he constantly fights teeny tiny men and drains his opponents. On the p4p list.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing IQ View Post

I already consider Beterbiev p4p, but if he becomes undisputed by knocking out every top tier LHW of this era, I think he has a case.

If Inoue didn't bypass the 115lb quartet and Crawford beat a few more top guys at '40 and '47, I wouldn't argue with you.
          Callum Smith, Anthoni Yard, Joe Smith Jnr, Callum Johnson, Marcus Browne etc are not top tier LHW’s. It’s a weak, weak division..

Comment

Wow, beterbiev hype is crazy.

Canelo
            Pascal
            Ramirez
            Beterbiev

Bivol will have a nice resume.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
              Considering he'd be undisputed in 1 division, which is a great accomplishment,he's not above inoue or crawf who are leading the pack by a wide margin
              Yep, hes way below Usyk too. Can't downplay the accomplishment of him being in the ring with Bellew one minute and beating AJ twice a couple of years after - people forget how big that is.
              El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Different standards for different guys lol I wonder if Paulie would say the same if Benavidez beats Bivol?

I highly doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post
                  Different standards for different guys lol I wonder if Paulie would say the same if Benavidez beats Bivol?

I highly doubt it.
                  It’s almost as if Beterbiev has a much better career than Benavidez…

Comment

Definitely #3. I'd prefer 2 but you can debate because the Japanese mid-get has 2 undisputed. Based on seeing Donaire bust up his eye, if he fought Beterbiev a myth p4p fight, Beterbiev would stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by messi807 View Post

Callum Smith, Anthoni Yard, Joe Smith Jnr, Callum Johnson, Marcus Browne etc are not top tier LHW’s. It’s a weak, weak division..
                      This package of guys is better than the lames (175 Smith > 168 version) Canelo beat for undisputed at 168. You could also say Crawford at 140 but Crawford is folding everyone at 147. Very good package of fights for Beterbiev and he runs through all the guys Bivol fought. Winner of Bivol and Beterbiev should be #2 behind Crawford. I don't rate little fighters moving up 4 lbs

Comment

Working...
                      X