Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas-Patrick Teixeira Moved Off Feb. 16 ESPN Show, Now Targeted For June

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Nah , I ain't alright with that chit
    I’m also a believer that these young guys need the most they can get when they Areva at this premature stage of their career
    I know the obvious is to blame the Bobfather but my thinking is is there’s much more to the story
    One thing I’ll give the Bobfather is , he knows how to build a character
    He didn’t last in this business being a chump
    Don’t you agree ?
    The only way your Bobfather gets a pass for this is if Zayas legitimately got injured or something and has the medical report to prove it. Otherwise, he was talking excitedly the other day about staying active…not fighting for 6 months is the exact opposite of that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

The only way your Bobfather gets a pass for this is if Zayas legitimately got injured or something and has the medical report to prove it. Otherwise, he was talking excitedly the other day about staying active…not fighting for 6 months is the exact opposite of that.
      First and foremost , he ain’t my Bobfather lol
      Which of today’s fighters are actually active let alone fight two times a year ?
      Let’s be realistic

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

First and foremost , he ain’t my Bobfather lol
        Which of today’s fighters are actually active let alone fight two times a year ?
        Let’s be realistic
        Zayas WANTED to be active, though. He expressed a desire to.

Why is he not now? If it’s due to injury then ok, stuff happens. But otherwise why isn’t he being allowed to fight again as he planned?

Comment

Zayas WANTED to be active, though. He expressed a desire to.

Why is he not now? If it’s due to injury then ok, stuff happens. But otherwise why isn’t he being allowed to fight again as he planned?
          Brother , you ain’t no fughin virgin to this sport
          What makes the world go round and round
          Unfortunately today’s society is based on lies and tragedies , more like bullchit influencers and followers
          Bobfather only knows how to make money
          But honestly , I don’t think this one falls on him

Comment

Bob Arum putting Zayas on ice until the Puerto Rican Day Parade? So much for staying active.
            Zayas could've actually fought on both of those dates February, and June.
            That said we don't know why the reason for the change of plans, but I wanted to see this fight.
            Then afterward they could've scheduled an even bigger fight for June, which would've kept up with his promise to be more active in 2024.
            Come on Zayas it's time to make that move to towards a title challenge, make it happen within the next 2-3 fights in 2024.
            pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

That said we don't know why the reason for the change of plans, but I wanted to see this fight.
              Then afterward they could've scheduled an even bigger fight for June, which would've kept up with his promise to be more active in 2024.
              Come on Zayas it's time to make that move to towards a title challenge, make it happen within the next 2-3 fights in 2024.
              Sucks for Zayas, he should've fought both dates! That said, his fight would be a GREAT co-main event for Teofimo Lopez vs. Subriel Matias! Let Us Pray!!!

pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

Yep, there’s no reason why Zayas couldn’t have fought in February and then again in June.

But both camps are refusing to respond to BoxingScene so there is a disturbing lack of transparency about what happened. Smells of Bob Arum to me.
                Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 01-06-2024, 02:16 PM.
                Boricua181 Boricua181 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
                  From everything I could gather, the hold up is not on the Teixeira side.
                  Yeah that makes sense then

Comment

Yep, there’s no reason why Zayas couldn’t have fought in February and then again in June.

But both camps are refusing to respond to BoxingScene so there is a disturbing lack of transparency about what happened. Smells of Bob Arum to me.
                    I just want to see this particular fighter stay active 3-4 fights a year, and fight for a title very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Sucks for Zayas, he should've fought both dates! That said, his fight would be a GREAT co-main event for Teofimo Lopez vs. Subriel Matias! Let Us Pray!!!

Zayas has to get cracking on a title shot soon, and I do mean real soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X