Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Currently writing a book looking at the Heavyweight Division and would love some feedback

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently writing a book looking at the Heavyweight Division and would love some feedback

Hey guys currently working on a book and was interested in some early feedback. The book will look at the heavyweight division and feature fantasy match ups between some of the past greats.

I’ve featured a fight below to give you guys an idea please bear in mind the book in unfinished and needs editing. I haven’t revealed the winner to avoid spoiling things also as it might change.

Hopefully you guys enjoy it, any feedback is much appreciated this is my first book so don’t expect Hemmingway

If you would like to keep updated on future fights or a release date DM me your email

Also any requests for future fights just let me know I’m about 60-70% the way through and expect the book to be finished in a few months

Ladies and Gentleman I would like to bring your attention to perhaps the most brutal fight in heavyweight history. Introducing first The Manassa Mauler Jack Dempsey, known for his concussive knockout power and savagery in the ring he is a true mean *****…..and now coming down the aisle the Brockton Blockbuster Rocky Marciano known for his iron chin, relentless stamina, body punching and devastating power. Please hold on to your seat as this will be a wild action packed war.
    Looking at the tape of the tape Dempsey had two inches in height, six inches in reach and both weighed about the same. Power was very similar with Jack being the faster fighter where Marciano takes the edge is with his superior chin, heart, stamina and relentless pace he set and kept up throughout the entire fight. Neither fighter would have any fear of the other and would actually relish the opportunity to test themselves against such a worthy foe.

Once the first bell goes Dempsey would come flying out and set a blistering pace throwing all sorts of punches completely overwhelming the Rock with his speed and savage attacks. Marciano always started slow and liked to work his way into a fight however the destructive Dempsey would be fully aware of this and look to end the fight as early as possible. By mid round 1 a poleaxing left hook sends Marciano down with the ref at 7 Rocky rises and is now seriously pissed. The crowd are on their feet sensing an early stoppage and Jack is more than happy to oblige. He comes charging in throwing menacing punches with both fists however Marciano holds and sees out a very tough opening round.
    In between rounds Marciano can be seen smiling at Dempsey giving a knowing look saying why don’t’ you try that again. Round two begins similar to the first with Dempsey pilling on the pressure and opening up cuts on Marciano’s face. Rocky knows not to stay too long in the pocket and starts to push Dempsey back while working over his body and landing some big shots of his own.

By round 3 Rocky has fully settled into the fight and lands a perfect Suzie Q sending Jack to the canvas. Dempsey’s not too hurt and get’s to his feet and knows he’s in for one hell of a war. By round 4 Dempsey’s left eye is starting to swell, and with still plenty in the tank he starts to use his speed and slashing punches to really cut up Rocky’s face. Blood is now pouring from multiple cuts across Marciano’s face, the canvas has blotches of red and the crowd are at fever pitch.

Tasting his blood just drives the Brockton Blockbuster and he comes out full force in round six and starts landing some seriously debilitating body punches. Between rounds Jack knows he can’t let the contest go on much longer otherwise the relentless Rocky would run away with the fight. Dempsey comes out for the seventh and throws everything at Rocky really busting him open. Marciano doesn’t take one backwards step and keeps pushing forward however with his slow speed and lack of defence Jack’s bombs are making things look ominous….
    nathan sturley max baer dan-b dan-b like this.

Fantasy match-ups between past greats? Count me in! It's awesome that you're seeking early feedback, and hey, everyone's first book is a unique journey, so no Hemingway expectations necessary.

By the way, if you ever need a break from the ring and want to dive into some magical realms, here's a link to the Harry Potter books in order https://bookwormera.com/harry-potter-books-in-order/. Happy writing, and looking forward to the finished masterpiece!
    Last edited by Martynnycob; 02-07-2024, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Thanks man appreciate it, if anyone is interested in any of these fights let me know and I'll post them

Joe Frazier vs Jack Dempsey

Joe Louis vs Evander Holyfield

Rocky Marciano vs Muhammad Ali​

Comment

Good work. Watch out for your tenses. If you're describing something in the present tense then stick to that.

"Once the first bell goes Dempsey would come flying out and set a blistering pace..."

"would come flying out" gives the impression you've switched to past-tense.

Comment

Thanks it is still the first draft and will go through editing but noted.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_Fan101 View Post
            Thanks man appreciate it, if anyone is interested in any of these fights let me know and I'll post them

Joe Frazier vs Jack Dempsey

Joe Louis vs Evander Holyfield

Rocky Marciano vs Muhammad Ali​
            Good lord, Joe Frazier vs. Jack Dempsey would be an all out war.

'71 Frazier vs. '19 Dempsey might break the record for most bones broken
            nathan sturley max baer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_Fan101 View Post
              Hey guys currently working on a book and was interested in some early feedback. The book will look at the heavyweight division and feature fantasy match ups between some of the past greats.

I’ve featured a fight below to give you guys an idea please bear in mind the book in unfinished and needs editing. I haven’t revealed the winner to avoid spoiling things also as it might change.

Hopefully you guys enjoy it, any feedback is much appreciated this is my first book so don’t expect Hemmingway

If you would like to keep updated on future fights or a release date DM me your email

Also any requests for future fights just let me know I’m about 60-70% the way through and expect the book to be finished in a few months

Ladies and Gentleman I would like to bring your attention to perhaps the most brutal fight in heavyweight history. Introducing first The Manassa Mauler Jack Dempsey, known for his concussive knockout power and savagery in the ring he is a true mean *****…..and now coming down the aisle the Brockton Blockbuster Rocky Marciano known for his iron chin, relentless stamina, body punching and devastating power. Please hold on to your seat as this will be a wild action packed war.
              Looking at the tape of the tape Dempsey had two inches in height, six inches in reach and both weighed about the same. Power was very similar with Jack being the faster fighter where Marciano takes the edge is with his superior chin, heart, stamina and relentless pace he set and kept up throughout the entire fight. Neither fighter would have any fear of the other and would actually relish the opportunity to test themselves against such a worthy foe.

Once the first bell goes Dempsey would come flying out and set a blistering pace throwing all sorts of punches completely overwhelming the Rock with his speed and savage attacks. Marciano always started slow and liked to work his way into a fight however the destructive Dempsey would be fully aware of this and look to end the fight as early as possible. By mid round 1 a poleaxing left hook sends Marciano down with the ref at 7 Rocky rises and is now seriously pissed. The crowd are on their feet sensing an early stoppage and Jack is more than happy to oblige. He comes charging in throwing menacing punches with both fists however Marciano holds and sees out a very tough opening round.
              In between rounds Marciano can be seen smiling at Dempsey giving a knowing look saying why don’t’ you try that again. Round two begins similar to the first with Dempsey pilling on the pressure and opening up cuts on Marciano’s face. Rocky knows not to stay too long in the pocket and starts to push Dempsey back while working over his body and landing some big shots of his own.

By round 3 Rocky has fully settled into the fight and lands a perfect Suzie Q sending Jack to the canvas. Dempsey’s not too hurt and get’s to his feet and knows he’s in for one hell of a war. By round 4 Dempsey’s left eye is starting to swell, and with still plenty in the tank he starts to use his speed and slashing punches to really cut up Rocky’s face. Blood is now pouring from multiple cuts across Marciano’s face, the canvas has blotches of red and the crowd are at fever pitch.

Tasting his blood just drives the Brockton Blockbuster and he comes out full force in round six and starts landing some seriously debilitating body punches. Between rounds Jack knows he can’t let the contest go on much longer otherwise the relentless Rocky would run away with the fight. Dempsey comes out for the seventh and throws everything at Rocky really busting him open. Marciano doesn’t take one backwards step and keeps pushing forward however with his slow speed and lack of defence Jack’s bombs are making things look ominous….
              i really enjoy your writing style very much and will willingly buy your book as i love reading about historic heavyweights. try to include a bit about the atmosphere around the fights like a bit about how life was in that era or this country. great stuff good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X