Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis on Joshua's TKO of Wallin: I Couldn't Really Judge With This Fight if He's Back or Not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

Zhang is a good fight which will earn Josh respect to the point people might stop going on about loss to Ruiz.
    Fury and flip too. But usyk must be maybe one day type thing Josh had 2 goes already and fell short
    Hrgovic beat Zhang tho, although Lennox probably doesn't know who Hrgovic is...
    BoxOfficer BoxOfficer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      The old Josh when he saw you was in trouble and smelled blood, the end would be near for you. These 1 punch ko s out of blue dont show us if the killer instinct is there. But Josh is boxing nicely though
      That all ended when he went for the kill against Ruiz.
      Apollo7 Apollo7 likes this.

Comment

I do kinda agree with Lennox here. While Aj looked good, Wallin presented no offense so that allowed AJ to let his hands go and wallin has no power. This was a confidence builder for AJ.

Comment

I think that's a fair assessment, Wallin was there for Joshua to look good against , and Joshua did what was expected , the bookies really get it wrong @4/1 on here , I'm pleased for him as it keeps him in the race . The fights out there will now get tougher as even the Saudi's will want their monies worth , so good luck to him in his next fight as it will have to be something that's a little more even with the bookies , a step up. Ben Davison is a good asset and will stand no nonsense and therefore bring the best out of him and we'll see if that really is enough .Davison says the Joshua has done everything that's been asked of him and that can only be good news .

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
            I think that's a fair assessment, Wallin was there for Joshua to look good against , and Joshua did what was expected , the bookies really get it wrong @4/1 on here , I'm pleased for him as it keeps him in the race . The fights out there will now get tougher as even the Saudi's will want their monies worth , so good luck to him in his next fight as it will have to be something that's a little more even with the bookies , a step up. Ben Davison is a good asset and will stand no nonsense and therefore bring the best out of him and we'll see if that really is enough .Davison says the Joshua has done everything that's been asked of him and that can only be good news .
            There was quite a vocal collection of people here calling for an upset, but I would still agree that Joshua was expected to win without too much trouble. I think, however, that he wasn't expected to win quite so easily. It doesn't confirm "he's back", so to speak, but it does confirm that Joshua remains levels above the lower reaches of the top 10 heavyweights. Ben Davison does appear to be a surprisingly good fit and let's hope they keep ramping up the match-making. Hrgovic probably makes the most sense.

Comment

Lewis is still a *****, after all these years. Just be happy Lennox that you're ludicrously overrated by many boxing fans who are deluded by your padded record of waiting for everyone to get old before fighting them, and then lucking out against Vitali​.

But maybe I'm being harsh... because if ever there was a heavyweight boxer that knew all about being chinny and boxing scared it's this guy. I suppose his opinion counts in that regard.

Comment

Lennox has plenty of ***** in him, that's why Manny slapped that hoe.

I'm calling this Lennox Lewis bitchitude.

If you're only as good as your last fight then AJ's a destroyer. He looked very good against a top rated guy who already had success against the longest reigning current champion.

I know everyone jumps ass if you say anything about Lennox but ...

1.) I didn't make up Manny slapping the ***** out of him.

2.) His bitchitude is why you have fake belts from the WBA and WBC

Comment

Lennox Lewis has never spoke well of AJ so his opinion can be taken with a pinch of salt.

This is the guy that joined David Price’s training camp for the rematch against Tony Thompson and his big advice was to have a nap in the locker room before the fight!

Anyway, back to AJ- he looked a lot more comfortable in the ring against Wallin. There were a lot of people thinking it would be a tougher fight and he won every round easily. He also didn’t have much trouble letting his hands go, I think Boxercise Ben’e been good for him

Comment

you can't. Wallin has no power. So Joshua got brave and started bullying his under powered, under sized, slower foe.

what if he ate a left straight from Zhang? he would do a booty dance again

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      Hrgovic beat Zhang tho, although Lennox probably doesn't know who Hrgovic is...

no he didn't. Zhang won that fight. it was a political decision. 80% of viewers saw Zhang win. Hrg did 0 damage and was badly damaged himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X