Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jai Opetaia To Vacate IBF Title, Plans To Move Forward With Saudi Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

No. What's wrong with the sport are the IBF, WBC, WBA, and WBO.
    So who decides on rules Promoters, fighters at least the IBF is doing what the other organisations should be doing, trying to stop promoters doing these endless rematches and champions fighting once or twice a year holding up the divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post

So who decides on rules Promoters, fighters at least the IBF is doing what the other organisations should be doing, trying to stop promoters doing these endless rematches and champions fighting once or twice a year holding up the divisions.
      i understand what you are trying to say but jai is not like that. 2 mandatories already refused to fight him and mairis, the current mandatory, was offered the fight on that date but he is not ready. so what should jai do, refuse money AND fight no one while he waits? jai wanted to fight riakporhe, masternak and mairis. THEY refused. it wasn't zorro or mairis. alternatives are zorro (450 000$) or nobody (wait for mairis, 0$). how can you blame a fighter for fighting and making money instead of just waiting?

ibf is right. follow the rules and strip him. just don't hate on jai.

Comment

Originally posted by drablj View Post

i understand what you are trying to say but jai is not like that. 2 mandatories already refused to fight him and mairis, the current mandatory, was offered the fight on that date but he is not ready. so what should jai do, refuse money AND fight no one while he waits? jai wanted to fight riakporhe, masternak and mairis. THEY refused. it wasn't zorro or mairis. alternatives are zorro (450 000$) or nobody (wait for mairis, 0$). how can you blame a fighter for fighting and making money instead of just waiting?

ibf is right. follow the rules and strip him. just don't hate on jai.
        I agree if his mandatory is not ready then this is wrong and then l stand corrected. I take it Mairis is not ready to fight?

Comment

mairis was offered to fight jai and he said he's not ready for this date. it is what it is. i am not mad at jai, mairis, masternak or ibf. masternak fought billam smith for the title instead of jai. that's ok. BUT riakporhe fought irrelevant dylan bregeon (who i had to google) instead of jai. that's who you should all blame for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
            Good on the IBF they are making a stand against these corrupt promoters and certain fighters who think they can run the sport. If you not going to respect the rules of the IBF then why fight for their belt. No boxer is bigger than the sport.
            Just proud of Opetaia for following the rules and doing the right thing, which is vacate to free up the division rather than get stripped. Unlike Crawford

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

No. What's wrong with the sport are the IBF, WBC, WBA, and WBO.
              I agree.

Weight classes only need 1 belt. Not 4+ and 4 different rankings. I go by The Ring/TBRB rankings.

WBC, WBO, WBA, and IBF is what is wrong with boxing.

The IBF taking a stand and not being as corrupt as the others is like a drug dealer taking a stand by not selling meth to children. The drug still ruins the community.
              fifth_root N/A likes this.

Comment

If his getting 2 Millon forgot the title he don’t need it

Comment

The problem is he partly got the Saudi gig because of the belt. He and his promoter know the rules so should of expected the IBF to act. Acting all hurt now is pathetic

Comment

Working...
                  X