Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jai Opetaia Faces Being Stripped Of IBF Title Ahead Of Planned Fight Versus Ellis Zorro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is b.s. , let the guy fight and Breidis can be next , obviously Breidis is ok with it. Man , I hate these Alphabet Gangsters. I like the Ring belt being the only one. Logically speaking , how in the **** can there seriously be four guys being the Champion in one weight class ? The only good thing about the belt system is that it gives more fighters opportunities to make more money, that I'm all for.
    Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Daryl Peoples is burying the IBF day by day, an imbecile at it's finest....

Comment

To Me, Opetaia should relinquish the belt, fight Zorro, make a big payday then I'm sure immediately he relinquishes IBF title the other sanctioning body will want to give him ranking and will want that 3% of what he's making.

I mean not long ago he was supposed to fight a sanctioned mandatory fighter but each one refused to fight him due to reasons that was no fault of his and this made him to fight a voluntary fight in Jordan Thompson in a quickly arranged fight. To Me this is kinda bully-like from IBF.

Opetaia is still ring champion if he relinquishes the IBF title so he should still be attractive for a quality fight. It looks to Me Opetaia is backed by promotion company with decent money afterall Briedis had to go to Australia to fight Opetaia despite Briedis been champion then.

Comment

Tbh the fight with Zorro is a mismatch so not mad at the IBF for not wanting to sanction it but they could of done it a bit earlier before they announced it as a world title fight for the card.. but zorro isnt even ranked by the IBF so dont understand why he got the shot in the first place so now its up to Opetia does he wanna keep his belt or lose probaly a career high pay day

Comment

Just fight the guy anyway and don’t put the title on the line and also avoiding the sanctioning fees. Easy
            Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post
              Tbh the fight with Zorro is a mismatch so not mad at the IBF for not wanting to sanction it but they could of done it a bit earlier before they announced it as a world title fight for the card.. but zorro isnt even ranked by the IBF so dont understand why he got the shot in the first place so now its up to Opetia does he wanna keep his belt or lose probaly a career high pay day
              Opetaia’s promoter was in a rush to put him on the card without following the IBF rule book. That promoter being Fast Eddie Hearn.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Opetaia’s promoter was in a rush to put him on the card without following the IBF rule book. That promoter being Fast Eddie Hearn.
                But still he still put Opetaia in a spot to make a big payday. I think that is been proactive and smart.
                Money is the main goal for Opetaia in this particular situation and they jumped on the opportunity that presented itself and that is been capitalist.

Comment

If Briedis is ready to fight throw him in there. If he's not let it be a non belt fight vs this same guy or another if he don't want it now. This doesn't seem THAT difficult a situation or one where Jai needs to lose his belt.

Jfc this mfer trying to fight more & they trying harder to get his belt dropped than mfers that don't fight lmfao.
                  Last edited by Eff Pandas; 12-09-2023, 11:18 AM.
                  kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Opetaia deserves to be able to fight for a living and stay sharp. Haven't a lot of his mandatory challengers decided to go in another direction? Breidis is injured. IBF isn't doing Opetaia any favors, that's for sure

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      They should reach a compromise.
                      This is the bottom line with this situation to me. There are many ways out of this situation besides taking away Jai's belt & look I'm a "fook belts" fan these days, so Jai is the #1 guy at 200lbs with or without this belt to me, but they still play a part in the business & will for the foreseeable future so boxers gotta do what they gotta do. This just doesn't seem like a situation where it should be a fight & lose your belt situation to me.

They can get Breidis to fight Jai on this show.
                      They can fight this guy in a non belt fight.
                      They can fight a ranked guy in a belt fight.
                      They can fight a whole other guy in a non belt fight if Zorro doesn't wanna fight if its not for a belt.

There are too many options available before stripping this guy.
                      Dare7 Dare7 kiaba360 kiaba360 like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X