Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Ryan Garcia show any improvements?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Ryan Garcia show any improvements?

Garcia's skillset seems to have regressed to his amateur days, I think he has more tools in comparison to when he trained under Reynoso but shown a lot of deficiencies that are exploitable at the top level that Duarte's couldn't take advantage and wasted plenty of opportunities. I think Ryan made the smart choice on becoming more of a well-rounded boxer than a counterpuncher, but it looked so crude and inconsistent.

If I was ODH, I would match him with Rolly to get him more experience with Derrick James and pit him against Arnold Barboza whose well technically refined but lacks the athleticism that Ryan has, to see where he stands at the light welterweight division.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    87.50%
    Too early to tell
    12.50%
    Last edited by Feroz; 12-03-2023, 09:05 PM.

Hit hands werent down as much

Comment

Looked worse. Can't wait to see how AJ looks with 4 trainers in 3 fights
      Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

Still stiff, chin up, pulls straight back like Wilder. Always had hand speed so nothing to fix there.
        Roadblock Roadblock likes this.

Comment

He's not closing his eyes as much when throwing punches, that always bugged me.
          bballchump11 bballchump11 likes this.

Comment

He was not listening to his corner and went to do his weird ineffective shoulder roll.

He was getting worked down during the fight but his counter left won the fight for him. His right has no real power, it is just as fast as the hook but had no effect on Oscar.

Comment

He looks confused about what kind of style fighter he is

Seems just a mix of bad habits thrown in a lot of skills he hasnt mastered but uses

Comment

he looks stiff and he doesnt have any head/body movements.. it's like his body is stuck in that upright position lol..
                Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

i kept seeing comments about ryan doing his weak shoulder roll ... i didnt recall seeing this live so i went back and re-watch the fight and i saw what mofos was talking about lol... ryan and his turn away shoulder roll.

Comment

shoulder roll evolved

Comment

Working...
                    X