Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia: Hopkins Said He'll Never Lose To A White Boy, Then Joe Smith Knocked Him Out Of Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post

Yep. It's funny to hear people defending Hopkins, when he was the one who started talking **** for really no other reason than to talk ****. How many millions did they make on the Garcia-Tank fight? I am certain they cashed that check. They made that because Garcia is popular as hell.

To those mad at the kid...Hopkins is a big boy and can defend himself. You'd rather Garcia just be talked down to like an idiot, by the promoter that HE is making money for, rather than the norm these days, which is a promoter having to build a fighter into a name? Ridiculous.

Hopkins and Oscar are clowns. You shouldn't talk **** in public about your own guy, especially a guy making THEM money off his popularity. It ain't the 80's or 90's anymore, the sport is half dead, most people don't give a damn about boxing anymore. This kid has built a following and has some talent, HE is the commodity. Why else you think Oscar is suing him to stay? They need to show the kid some respect with the revenue he brings.

Hopkins made a career off of holding, headbutting, dirty stuff all around....then acting astonished when he got called on it, a total crybaby.
    I agree.

That 1st Hopkins/Dawson fight was horrible.

Comment

I am with Ryan Gee... He is dealing with a toxic weirdo in De La Hoya and he needs to try and get away from Oscar.
      Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Ryan is holding no prisoners in his attempt to break free. Petty level are at an all-time high….I like it lol

Comment

Joe Calzaghe funished BHop

Comment

Weird how everybody is simping for bhop if it was a white man saying “i will never lose to a black boy” would people have the same energy? I don’t think so.

I’m not a fan of Garcia but he is right Hopkins is a racist weirdo that got humbled, Hopkins has been taking shots at his own fighter why shouldn’t Garcia hit back at him?

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post

I got no issues w him talking back. They are his promoters and need to promote him. Not talk down on him. Ryan dont like them mfers and he letting it be known.

he isn’t the most talented fighter himself , but he still is a man and I respect him speaking up and not letting the guys he is helping make money talk down. I’m sure if he’s released by GB he will land on his feet. They need him more than he needs them.
              Bro, you can talk, but talk in a way to reflect your maturity, not instigate stuff. Instigation is exactly what Ryan is doing, and it is a bich move. Him mentioning Hopkins and that "white boy will never beat me" stuff is dead horse. Ryan is not white, and therefore he has no horse in that race.

Comment

Originally posted by alexnation View Post
                I believe that was said before the Calzaghe fight which he lost?

Yes. I dont remember if he said it for the pavlik fight or not but he definately said it before losing to calzaghe not right before the smith fight.

Comment

Ryan ain't lying

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post

Bro, you can talk, but talk in a way to reflect your maturity, not instigate stuff. Instigation is exactly what Ryan is doing, and it is a bich move. Him mentioning Hopkins and that "white boy will never beat me" stuff is dead horse. Ryan is not white, and therefore he has no horse in that race.
                    If he was white that still wouldn’t be the horse. Cuz he didn’t KO Bernard. Someone else did. He’s just illustrating that Bernard is just bumping his gums. Bernard says a lot of stuff that is not true. (Ryan is saying this, not me.) Ryan felt insulted and disrespected so he gave some back. Nothing wrong with that at all in my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                    X