Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rozier Hits Back At Those Ripping Andrade's Gas Tank: "His Conditioning Was Fantastic, Benavidez Is A Machine"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rozier Hits Back At Those Ripping Andrade's Gas Tank: "His Conditioning Was Fantastic, Benavidez Is A Machine"

The superlatives that were normally used to describe Demetrius Andrade were a mile long. The former Olympian is a crafty fighter, not the strongest but had good power in both hands, was incredibly slick, and always found a way to win.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Plant’s performances against the two beat super middleweights in the world are actually looking pretty solid about now. He should be able to beat almost anyone in the division. Shame about his stamina issues. If they can ever fix his gas tank, watch out
    Get em up Get em up TreD TreD like this.

Comment

This whole thing about "gas tank" and "stamina" is beyond relative.

I mean, who doesn't get tired? Lol. Nobody is a robot. The only boxers who don't lose "gas" are juiced to the gills. And, even then..

He fought a great fight. Got low-blowed to start the 4th, and got knocked down in the 4th. So, for the next two rounds, he had to try to fend off a motivated, elite boxer. He did that for two rounds.

Boxers and boxing fans need to be okay with somebody taking a loss. Give everybody credit, and move on the next fight.

I'll tell you this: Andrade looked 1000% better than Charlo, the one who fought Canelo.

Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Benavidez is in shape to do 12 barrera vs morales type rounds. Most guys are in shape to do 12 easy rounds.

Comment

Age, weight and inactivity killed this chances.
          MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TreD View Post
            This whole thing about "gas tank" and "stamina" is beyond relative.

I mean, who doesn't get tired? Lol. Nobody is a robot. The only boxers who don't lose "gas" are juiced to the gills. And, even then..

He fought a great fight. Got low-blowed to start the 4th, and got knocked down in the 4th. So, for the next two rounds, he had to try to fend off a motivated, elite boxer. He did that for two rounds.

Boxers and boxing fans need to be okay with somebody taking a loss. Give everybody credit, and move on the next fight.

I'll tell you this: Andrade looked 1000% better than Charlo, the one who fought Canelo.

100% agree with you. Also the knockdown at the end of the 4th round hurt his ability to recover before the 5th round. He was still hurt but giving a good effort despite not being recovered.
            TreD TreD likes this.

Comment

I didn't understand the Benavidez hype prior to his last opponents, just casuals rating fighters from the eye test - as if they have the knowledge to know what they're seeing - because you only know when fighters prove it.
              But Benavidez actually deserves some credit now. I don't know if he's the clear no.2 at 168 but he's now having and winning the fights he should have years ago, although I find it interesting he hasn't fought anyone with proven power...
              Last edited by Body the jab; 11-29-2023, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Rozier did well with Derevyanchenko when he fought GGG. No problem with this coach.
                Benavidez was just too much to handle for Andrade.

BTW, I like the way this fight was stopped. Don't know who that guy is, but he must be Demetrius's cousin or brother.

Comment

Working...
                X