No announcement yet.

Beterbiev vs Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beterbiev vs Benavidez

Just finished reading an article where the Sr Benavidez has stated that if the Canelo fight cannot be made , they will pursue the light heavyweight champs ; Beterbiev and Bivol
    Benny went as far as saying he got the better of Bivol in sparring ( find it hard to believe ) when he was 15 years old
    Let’s be honest , weight will not be a problem for him but the fact he will be matched up with men his own size might be a cause for concern
    What’s your take on this ?

Actually Tim Bradley confirmed on probox that Benavidez hurt Bivol during sparring.

I would love Benavidez vs Bivol and Betterbieve but he will have to Hurry with Betterbieve he's 39.
    joesaiditstrue joesaiditstrue likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post
      Actually Tim Bradley confirmed on probox that Benavidez hurt Bivol during sparring.

I would love Benavidez vs Bivol and Betterbieve but he will have to Hurry with Betterbieve he's 39.
      I read he sparred him when he was 15
      I highly doubt that , mind you Bivol is only 7 years older but I still find it hard to believe
      Let’s hope Benny don’t take a page from Floyd or Canelo and keep this chit marinating
      Like you said , Artur is already 39
      I worry more about injuries than his age as the man is literally a gym rat

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

I highly doubt that , mind you Bivol is only 7 years older but I still find it hard to believe
        Let’s hope Benny don’t take a page from Floyd or Canelo and keep this chit marinating
        I doubt Benavidez will do that being that he's the one mentioning those guys.

Comment

Who wouldn't want to see Beterbiev - Benavidez?

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post

I doubt Benavidez will do that being that he's the one mentioning those guys.
            Canelo mentions people all the time then does a 360
            So , time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
              Who wouldn't want to see Beterbiev - Benavidez?
              Definitely
              At least Benny would be fighting at his natural weight cause I personally think he kills himself to make weight
              Not sure if he’d be successful though
              dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Benavidez started sparring GGG when he was 15. He Sparred Bivol when he was 23. He breaks Bivol down to the body and stops him imo. Beterbiev gets lit up also. Too slow and hittable.

Comment

Beterbiev is too slow for benavidez. I think benavidez could overwhelm beterbiev easily and force a stoppage or even a KO. Bivol would be a much tougher fight.

Comment

Benavidez has the speed advantage but Beterbiev is the better technician. Once Beterbiev begins to time Benavidez he’ll start to take over. I’ve got Beterbiev by late stoppage in a fight he’s possibly behind in.

Would be an incredible fight. I’d actually rather see this than Canelo-Benavidez or Beterbiev-Bivol. The styles would mesh perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                    X