Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dan-b
    replied
    Originally posted by moochi View Post
    Boxing is a dirty business before it's a sport.

If you did any real investigative journalism, you wouldn't last as you'd either be taken care of, or, your reports would be silenced and not even published.

Think about all the PED cover ups, not to mention dodgy match making, champions who don't fight mandatories for years, etc..
    No one in boxing is that powerful (except maybe the Saudis). Boxing mostly consists of second and third rate businessmen and chancers. It's why I don't take grand conspiracy theories in boxing too seriously, I don't credit those involved in the sport with sufficient talent to pull them off undetected.

As I said in my previous comment, at the very least boxing media could try much harder than they do. I think we've seen enough soft ball interviews with Hearn to last a lifetime.

Leave a comment:

• dan-b
    replied
    Originally posted by MusoMeanderings View Post
    There is no such thing as investigative journalism.
    At the risk of this becoming a semantic argument, yes there is. Or at least boxing journalists could go much further than they currently do, which mostly consists of amateurish content made in spare rooms and soft ball questions.

Leave a comment:

• moochi
    replied
    Boxing is a dirty business before it's a sport.

If you did any real investigative journalism, you wouldn't last as you'd either be taken care of, or, your reports would be silenced and not even published.

Think about all the PED cover ups, not to mention dodgy match making, champions who don't fight mandatories for years, etc..

Leave a comment:

• tomhawq
    replied
    It's a very complicated sport and a business that anyone would go crazy investigating it. No one still have no answer why there's so much inactivity when new promotional outfits are now all over the place. (This site has a new owner for a start.) What is preventing these inactive fighters on crossing the street and why are they wasting their primes?

Leave a comment:

• MusoMeanderings
    replied
    There is no such thing as investigative journalism.

Investigations are made by the police and othet proper authorities.

And for boxing to stop being corrupt look no further than Soviet and Cuban amateur boxing programs.

Leave a comment:

• garfios
    replied
    Originally posted by dan-b View Post
    garfios - you see, if we had proper boxing journalism we could find out why the WBC, WBA and IBF have not begun stripping Canelo. Even Dan Rafael, one of boxing's better journalists, seems afraid to ask and serves as a bit of a cheerleader for Canelo.
    I have always said, that the media is as corrupt as the promoters and alphabet soups. They never ask the right questions because most of the time they live from gifts and free passes to the fights handed down by promoters and the organizations. So everyone is hiding in plain sight, and there's no change on the horizon, and new fans are in love with their idol, they know the guy is a bully and a piece of $h1t, but they don't care.
    dan-b dan-b likes this.

Leave a comment:

• dan-b
    replied
    garfios - you see, if we had proper boxing journalism we could find out why the WBC, WBA and IBF have not begun stripping Canelo. Even Dan Rafael, one of boxing's better journalists, seems afraid to ask and serves as a bit of a cheerleader for Canelo.

Leave a comment:

• dan-b
    replied
    The Weeks/Lawson controversy is another example of why boxing desperately needs actual boxing journalists rather than guys running around with smartphones and reposting screenshots of social media posts.

Leave a comment:

• dan-b
    replied
    In this story published by BS today regarding unclaimed boxing pensions, it's notable that the LA Times did the investigative legwork. You won't find YouTube channels doing something tangible for boxers like this.
    Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Leave a comment:

• QueensburyRules
    replied
    Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
    The last legit investigation was when that one guy exposed Mayweather for being on steroids against Pacquiao back in 2015. And froid has such a huge fanbase that nobody talks about it and acts like it never happened
    - - Investigations disappear up Crack Daddy floydy crack pipe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X