Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Can Chantelle Cameron Do It Twice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Can Chantelle Cameron Do It Twice?

By Cliff Rold - The golden age of women's boxing has had some easily identifiable stars. Amanda Serrano. Claressa Shields. Katie Taylor. The latter ran into a disruptor building a star of her own. In consecutive fights, undisputed junior welterweight world champion Chantelle Cameron (18-0, 8 KO) of the United Kingdom pulled off a hell of a feat. In November 2022, she defended her titles successfully by defeating then-undisputed welterweight champion Jessica McCaskill. McCaskill moved down the scale to try her luck and came up short.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I had a girlfriend ask me that question once. I just pretended i was asleep.

Comment

Katie Taylor is a very good champion who fight's rematches against her toughest opponents Persoon, Cameron, and I'm anxiously awaiting her rematch against Serrano.
      That said I had Person, and Serrano, beating Taylor in their initial encounter's, and Cameron is going to dog Taylor again in their rematch.

Comment

Cameron by decision again, this time a little wider. Too hungry, too determined, too strong, too active. Bad style match for Katie.

Comment

“To put into perspective how impressive these back-to-back wins have been, imagine the equivalent in boxing. It’s not exactly apples to apples, but looking at the same weight classes it would be like if Teofimo Lopez defended against Terence Crawford and then Devin Haney and then was fighting Haney again in the California Bay Area.​​“

I don’t want to crap on the women because this is a good fight, but that’s not really a good comparison. Precisely because the talent pool is much thinner in women’s boxing. Nobody should equate Jessica McCaskill’s accomplishments after just 15 fights with those of Terence Crawford. It’s insulting.

Anyway…Happy Thanksgiving, Cliff.
          AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Firstly is this yet another rematchroom pre fight contract or made post fight by popular demand as it should be?
            Cameron has already risked everything away & won but Eddie being as bent as he is didn't allow Cameron to come down in weight to become champ champ herself despite she's now the A-side.
            I really hope Cameron consolidates her victory & calls the shots in the future, she deserves it.

Comment

It's really ridiculous Cameron has to defend her belts twice to someone she already beat. Trash management right there.

Comment

She can if she doesn't get robbed up there in Ireland.

Comment

Taylor has never been easy to get a decision against

Comment

Working...
                  X