Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Had De Los Santos and Conceicao Winning Last Night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Had De Los Santos and Conceicao Winning Last Night?

I'm asking because, once again, I had the "b-side" fighter winning the fights last night. I scored the Naverette and Conceicao fight round by round, and I thought Robson won but a couple rounds, despite the knockdowns. I couldn't see any rounds going to Navarette except the rounds where he scored a knockdown. For me, I thought it was obvious.

Likewise, I saw De Los Santos winning all of the early rounds. Despite what Compubox said, I didn't see Shakur land anything except a jab here or there for most of the fight. But De Los Santos would sometimes get a right hook in or a left to the body. He'd land AT LEAST one power punch a round, which is more than Shakur. Shakur didn't do much until the last four rounds or so. I can't see how a man wins a fight by only throwing with four rounds to go.

So I want to see how many in the community saw the fight the way I did or, at least, saw the fight somewhat as I saw the fight.

In all honesty, I'm beginning to think of boxing the same way Chael Sonnen thinks of it. I don't remember boxing looking like such a sideshow ten or 20 years ago.
    I had De Los Santos and Conceicao winning their fights
    75.00%
    I had De Los Santos winning but not Conceicao winning last night
    0%
    I had Canceicao but not De Los Santos winning last night
    25.00%
    I had neither winning their fights last night
    0%

I thought Shakur won wider than it was. I thought it was very competitive tho, but to me Shakur just did a lil more most rds.

I had Robson vs Nav a draw & wouldn't have been mad at either guy getting the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I thought Shakur won wider than it was. I thought it was very competitive tho, but to me Shakur just did a lil more most rds.

I had Robson vs Nav a draw & wouldn't have been mad at either guy getting the decision.
      Yeah. I saw some people have it close like that (the Naverette fight), but I watched it on the forum here, and for the most part, we have Robson winning. But you had Shakur winning? Neither guy did much, so there's that. But I saw De Los Santos pushing the fight at least. He was more of the aggressor. And he would land the more telling punches except in the later rounds. If you had that fight a draw, then I'd be fine with that. But I thought an accurate score would either have De Los Santos winning or having the fight a draw. People were saying Shakur was landing punches when he wasn't. By round three, they said he'd landed 16 punches but he hadn't even THROWN that many punches by round three.

It was kind of a fixed fight. I think both of these fights have a slight stink of being fixed. But that's what we expect from boxing I guess ....

Comment

The draw was a good result.

Navarette had the power, but maybe those twinkies they were talking about finally did catch up with him. He didn't have the same engine he had against Valdez.

And what was he doing for the first two minutes of 12th round? It was the 12th round, and wobbly, exahusted but durable Concecaio (sp?) was still digging deep and swinging, missing but swinging, while Navarette seemed to be saving up for something that never materialized.
        Cypocryphy Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

Yeah. I saw some people have it close like that (the Naverette fight), but I watched it on the forum here, and for the most part, we have Robson winning. But you had Shakur winning? Neither guy did much, so there's that. But I saw De Los Santos pushing the fight at least. He was more of the aggressor. And he would land the more telling punches except in the later rounds. If you had that fight a draw, then I'd be fine with that. But I thought an accurate score would either have De Los Santos winning or having the fight a draw. People were saying Shakur was landing punches when he wasn't. By round three, they said he'd landed 16 punches but he hadn't even THROWN that many punches by round three.

It was kind of a fixed fight. I think both of these fights have a slight stink of being fixed. But that's what we expect from boxing I guess ....
          I was looking at scores on boxing twitter & it was pretty split for Nav vs Robson. Like I said I wouldn't have had a problem with either guy getting the W on that one cuz it was no question close.

I def had Shakur winning. EDLS was more aggressive I'd agree with you about that, but Shakur landed more from what I saw & what the stats showed (Shakur outlanded EDLS 9-1-2 in overall punches landed & 5-3-4 in power shots landed). Def a lot of nothing happening in the fight, but someone has to win the rd & when nothing was happening for 2mins plus of the rd & Shakur landed 2 or 3 more shots I gotta give him the rd. I didn't really see anyone on boxing twitter who gave it to EDLS so I realllllllly don't see an issue with this fight beyond it sucking.

Idk about fixed fights lol. Thats a bit extreme here. Even tho I had Shakur winning wider due to how close every rd was I don't have much issue with the 7-5 card that seemed too close to me. And there was zero suspect with the comain which was surprising cuz I was thinking Nav would get a sketchy wide card or two to let him get the W.
          Cypocryphy Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post
            The draw was a good result.

Navarette had the power, but maybe those twinkies they were talking about finally did catch up with him. He didn't have the same engine he had against Valdez.

And what was he doing for the first two minutes of 12th round? It was the 12th round, and wobbly, exahusted but durable Concecaio (sp?) was still digging deep and swinging, missing but swinging, while Navarette seemed to be saving up for something that never materialized.
            I think Nav was exhausted to & idk that he knew how hurt Robson was at the end of the 11th. If he did know he was either too tired to act on it or misplayed his hand badly at the end when he could have eeked out the W.

Btw I'd love to see a rematch of this fight next.

Comment

Working...
            X