No announcement yet.

State of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of boxing

The state of boxing is pathetic. Theirs no longer 3-4 top guys in each weight class. I hear the millennials and genX’ers are afraid of sweating & hard work. Playing fighting video games is real to them.
    This is the final call for boxing. It’s done.

How many of these posts are people going to keep making?
    dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Immediate concern is where would PBC find another broadcaster as good as if not better than Showtime? It's got a large stable and where would all these projected fights involving their fighters going to end up in?

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
        The state of boxing is pathetic. Theirs no longer 3-4 top guys in each weight class. I hear the millennials and genX’ers are afraid of sweating & hard work. Playing fighting video games is real to them.
        This is the final call for boxing. It’s done.
        Honestly , I get where your coming from but if I had a dollar every time someone said this , I’d be rich as fugh
        Boxing will survive as it always has , just the way the cookie crumbles
        Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

Theirs flat out not enough boxers inboxing. How can it continue to be popular? It’s that simple. Theirs also few that are in it for LEGACY. Boxers now aren’t boxers. Their BUSINESSMEN. Boxer owners now look to squeeze as much money as they can out of their boxers. They do that by keeping him “safe” from any real threats(Tank) hoping he will make it. Boxers no longer go the amateur route. They go the professional where they no longer IMPROVE cause they always fight safe. So the quality of fighters is substandard. Amateurs allowed boxers to hone their craft and to get eyes on all types of styles.
          The major platforms are GONE. No HBO, Showtime, regular sports platforms don’t carry it UNLESS you want to pay for fights that should be free cause they’re essentially UNKNOWN boxers.
          Last edited by MONGOOSE66; 11-14-2023, 12:04 AM.

Comment

I am hopeful now that the Hwt card in Saudi Arabia has been announced. Looks like it is setting up a string of competitive HWT fights for 2024.

We had Spence v Crawford. The rematch and then Crawford fighting Charlo is all but certain.

Inoue beat Fulton and then they had Tapales come in immediately to set up the next fight for next month.

Benavidez and Andrade should set up the next Canelo opponent.

Shakur and Navarette on the same card tomorrow that should set up a monster fight in 2024.

I am remaining optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Zelenoff View Post
              How many of these posts are people going to keep making?
              You are the poster child for the sports demise.

I mean, who the funk runs out of the ring during a professional bout?

Especially when your opponent was 1-13(1)

You stepped up (which is honorable) but then ran out of the ring like a beatch once the heat was on. You sheeet all over any honor when you ran away.

And you have the audacity to parade around and have pictures taken with your 'belts', as if you are a champion. How do you become champion when you have never beaten ANYBODY in a sanctioned ring? Nobody! 0 wins with 2 belts. Help me to understand.

Turn and run like a beatch? I was never taught that move.

They should promote a Rockin' vs Zellanoff bout here on the Scene.

A disabled old pro (with no belts) vs a guy who runs from bells (with 2 belts).

.............Rockin'
              Last edited by Rockin'; 11-16-2023, 07:46 PM.

Comment

The subject that hasn't been fully explored is why are networks leaving boxing? HBO, Fox Sports, now Showtime... Why?

Some people say ESPN will exit boxing too at some point in the future.

Comment

There has been some great fights this year with the big names, my issue is the top dogs only fighting once a year (bar Canelo, but his opponents have been questionable) it's hard to keep the momentum up for the big stars to carry the sport and keep it in the limelight if they are rarely seen.

And wtf is happening with PBC, where are their fighters going, something surely should of been announced by now, or organised well in advance of showtime pulling the plug, doesn't look to good there

Comment

Working...
                  X