Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Fury-Ngannou, Charlo-Tszyu, Haney-Prograis, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Fury-Ngannou, Charlo-Tszyu, Haney-Prograis, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou, welterweight contender Giovani Santillan, Tim Tszyu vs. Jermell Charlo, Devin Haney vs. Regis Prograis, Keyshawn Davis, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good concise mailbag this week. One thing people aren't talking about enough is that Fury has been down – very hard – 7 times in his career. If that isn't scrambling his already nutso brain each time, the after-effects once he's done with boxing will be dramatic, especially with 7 or 8 pikey kids running about.
    tmcp tmcp likes this.

Comment

Bread's been using the expression "the game's to be sold, not told" a lot lately..

Fury got the decision, but Ngannou is the baddest man on the planet.

Charlo's going on vacation for a year like most of Canelo's opponents while Tsyzu continues to improve.

Haney looks to fight a very smart fight while Prograis is looking at this as a make-or-break.

Keyshawn Davis smoked a little weed. And?
      tmcp tmcp likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing IQ View Post
        Bread's been using the expression "the game's to be sold, not told" a lot lately..

Fury got the decision, but Ngannou is the baddest man on the planet.

Charlo's going on vacation for a year like most of Canelo's opponents while Tsyzu continues to improve.

Haney looks to fight a very smart fight while Prograis is looking at this as a make-or-break.

Keyshawn Davis smoked a little weed. And?
        I agree that weed shouldn't be on the banned substances list, but everybody knows it is. If you are an athlete who smokes it, you should know that it stays in your system for 30 days. No commission is going to see a positive test result and let it slide because it's just weed.

Comment

Fury was obviously out of shape. He claims 12 weeks of training? Was it hard training? Being out of shape is not an excuse but it was a factor in the outcome. I always thought Fury was a clown, a talented one but a clown nonetheless. He has made his millions but he has also made a mockery out of boxing. Professional athletes should be in top condition when they are performing. Period!
          tmcp tmcp likes this.

Comment

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Fury "trained for 12 weeks" as if he was fighting an exhibition with a guy who had no chance and that he could KO at any time he wanted to. Fury also put a ton of respect on Ngannou, made no excuses....no one is mentioning that.

Fury is so polarizing to some people that they will never appreciate his skill level. Dude is not perfect, he has had demons in the past. He is a character and hypes fights with **** talk, he makes headlines for the sport. Compare that to most guys with no personality who draw flies and ask for huge money to fight sure things.

Fury is great for the sport. And he will come in to the Usyk fight in shape and ready to box Usyk's head off and ko him.
            Last edited by Theshotyoudontsee; 11-04-2023, 10:45 AM.
            millcitymauler millcitymauler likes this.

Comment

I think that Usyk is going to beat Fury. He's got a ton of ring IQ ,the talent and physical skills to pull off the plan , and the toughness to get through the rough spots. He might not be big but he seems plenty strong and in shape to go a tough twelve rounds if necessary. He's mentally strong and very motivated with the weight of his country on his back. I could be wrong but I am picking Usyk. I also have Tszyu over Jermell. Tszyu is a lot better than a lot of people give him credit for. He's also very disciplined . I think that he basically beats the fight out of Jermell and I take no pleasure in saying so , Jermell has always been really nice to me when I run into him. I'm not putting Tim in the same class as Felix Tito Trinidad or Miguel Cotto , but his style is similar in terms of the constant pressure and infliction of pain with every shot. That's the kind of fighter that I love to watch.
              ​​​​​​ As far as Keyshawn smoking weed , so what ? Weed is definitely not a performance booster. It should not be banned , or illegal.
              ​​​

Comment

first guy a moron. Ngannoue been fighting his whole life. was kickboxing and dominant mma champ. hardly a football or basketball player lol. sad but if you haven't been in ring etc you can't grasp the difference MENTALLY between fighting and these other sports. fighting is mentally extreme. again. non fighters from football etc do not get to top level as bread has said
                BillyBoxing BillyBoxing likes this.

Comment

You want to know what happened to Tyson Fury, Breadman?

Fury finally fought somebody about the same size as himself and just as heavy (Fury-277.7 lbs, Francis-272.2 lbs) and he got his ass whooped.
                  tmcp tmcp likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post

I agree that weed shouldn't be on the banned substances list, but everybody knows it is. If you are an athlete who smokes it, you should know that it stays in your system for 30 days. No commission is going to see a positive test result and let it slide because it's just weed.
                    I was military and couldn’t smoke like I wanted cause it would affect my career/pay. Well I did take risks when I was a young idiot and but after some time I just decided it wasn’t worth it. adults can choose what they choose to do but we should never not know the consequences or complain when caught breaking them. Not judging nobody or have any idea of the situation except there was an illegal drug and that’s the facts I guess
                    Last edited by Kpmaryland; 11-04-2023, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X