Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brian Castano Believes Jermell Charlo Will Be Broken Down, Stopped By Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If clenelo tires and mentally quits like in the Bivol fight, Charlo will stop him late

Comment

Castano had Jermell looking open many times, he was very accurate and efficient with his shots - the only thing is that he could never really take an extra half step in to really deliver the extra 1-2 fight changers. I can't say he did anything wrong because he was super smart and arguably still won (remembering the 10-8 round scored against him even though he never went down.) ...but I thought he left stuff on the table.

But then Charlo came back and raised his game in the last couple rounds of the rematch - which I enjoyed a hell of a lot. One of my favorite moments of that year.

His attention to footwork in those moments was legit stuff - It all came together in those final couple rounds. if he were to somehow be able to fight at that level against Canelo I could see a path.

But Canelo is going to take the extra steps Castano didn't, he is going to get off with the punches Castano never got off with...same positions I think.

All in all, I think Charlo will get caught in a compromising position along the ropes, that is where he has always had adventures. Caught in no man's land ala Kovalev.
      Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 09-30-2023, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Canelo been carrying the weight around and its not gonna be good for Charlo- good luck Charlo, your gonna need it

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
          I smell an upset!!
          Better get your nose checked bra.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
            The only upset here will be the fans that were so easily swayed by the 24 hour marketing. It's a small guy that's 6 inches shorter than Sebastian Fundora​ and has just about the same chance at beating Canelo.....NONE! My advice, if you smell an upset just take a Tums, it's cheaper.
            You were right, Charlo showed up for a sparring session and the check. He didn't even try to hurt Cinnabon. Just moved around and threw a hook here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post

You were right, Charlo showed up for a sparring session and the check. He didn't even try to hurt Cinnabon. Just moved around and threw a hook here and there.
              Thanks and I'm sorry if I got carried away, I need to work on that. There's t too much to cover here but Charlo was never supposed to win. I explained more in the "Canelo Alvarez: I did my job" post.

Comment

Working...
              X