If Hopkins / Calzaghe rematched ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walterson View Post
    the same could be said for Hopkins?
    Nah,Calzaghe would box better,I think he has his number,and you are talking about them rematching after the Jones and Pavlik fight. It would still be only slightly less ugly to watch than the first one though.

It would have been a tough,close fight whenever they fought,and I would probably give Hopkins the edge had they fought ten years ago,but not by much.

Comment

Bernard Hopkins lost it fair and square. It's not like Bernard is a clean fighter himself with his holding. Joe would win again and again, but I admit prime Bernard would be one hell of a fight - but we'd never know.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
        Bernard Hopkins lost it fair and square. It's not like Bernard is a clean fighter himself with his holding. Joe would win again and again, but I admit prime Bernard would be one hell of a fight - but we'd never know.
        Disagree with you - good sig by the way.

Comment

Calzaghe wins more comfortably, he will be more aware of Hopkins spoiling tactics and fight a lot better this time.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            i agree do the judges prefer clean punching, defense, effective agression, or do they use their own rules which would enable calzaghe to win. things like swarming ineffectively, wasting punches, taking a punch well, etc...
            Maybe the ref will come down harder on holding next time as well.

Comment

Quick question - why is it that only Calzaghe would come to the fight as the better boxer?

Just saying - wouldn't Hopkins have learnt a thing or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Walterson View Post
                Quick question - why is it that only Calzaghe would come to the fight as the better boxer?

Just saying - wouldn't Hopkins have learnt a thing or two.
                You mean the completely spent Hopkins who's now even older?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  Physically declining / Mentally inclining

Comment

Maybe the ref will come down harder on holding next time as well.
                    possibly then both guys could get points deducted since calzaghe did a hell of a lot of holding when he wanted to as well along with the lowblows and rabbit punches.

obviously holding isn't a judging criteria just like ineffective agression and missing punches aren't. unless it's a calzaghe vs hopkins fight then throw the rules out the window.

Comment

calzaghe's a pudgy doughboy right now who got humiliated on some dancing show. nice coordination buddy. oh wait he was a sloppy boxer as well. fitting.

Comment

Working...
                      X