No announcement yet.

If Hopkins / Calzaghe rematched ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roger Mellie View Post
    This is true,and he happens to be a very good trainer himself.
    good point, i'm shocked too - why is ****m there? why is he part of the team?

Comment

• Originally posted by Walterson View Post
      good point, i'm shocked too - why is ****m there? why is he part of the team?
      Because most corners have either a geezer with a beard or one with a silly hat. ****m has both.

Comment

• joe...he's to active for hopkins

Comment

• Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          I don't see what would change so Calzaghe again by close decsion.
          Calzaghe has B-Hop's number now; it took him five rounds to find it first time around.

On the (currently false) assumption JC was in the same fighting shape as B-Hop, Calzaghe by fairly comfortable UD.

Comment

• What I loved about the build up to the fight was that Joe Calzaghe, a quiet man from Wales, laughed in the face of Hopkins, who tried to ride on his prison time and colour of his skin (we all know what was said) to intimidate Joe. It was hilarious seeing Joe up in his face, and Bernard didn't know what the hell to do about it.

I really thought Bernard spoiled this fight, and he really played Cortez in the ring to grab some breathers. I would have liked to have seen a rematch, cause it was a close fight, but its too late now.

Comment

• Originally posted by starjammer View Post
              What I loved about the build up to the fight was that Joe Calzaghe, a quiet man from Wales, laughed in the face of Hopkins, who tried to ride on his prison time and colour of his skin (we all know what was said) to intimidate Joe. It was hilarious seeing Joe up in his face, and Bernard didn't know what the hell to do about it.

I really thought Bernard spoiled this fight, and he really played Cortez in the ring to grab some breathers. I would have liked to have seen a rematch, cause it was a close fight, but its too late now.
              That was funny. That **** has never failed Hopkins in the past,but Calzaghe just didnt get it!

Comment

• as long as bhop has his thyroid condition in check as he did against Pavlik then I got him winning by UD. No gassing out late if that happens.

Comment

• Joe would win. only more convincingly next time

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    he should want to adjust since he was the only one getting hit cleanly. he should come up with a strategy to actually hit hopkins and score points instead of last time where he lost the first half of the fight then got frustrated and just flailed away trying to get a stoppage since he was so far behind. lucky for him the judges forgot the first 8 rounds. but will he be so lucky this time?

...Cal was kicking Bhop's ass and Bernard was close to quitting IMO. That low blow nonsense was a stall as he was ready to go at that point. Bernard really doesn't want any part of a rematch. Joe has already figured him out and the later half of the fight proved that. I agree with someone who said Cal would pick up right where he left off in the first fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                      as long as bhop has his thyroid condition in check as he did against Pavlik then I got him winning by UD. No gassing out late if that happens.
                      I agree with this. This Calzaghe having Hopkins number is nonsense since many had Hopkins winning, why isn't it the other way that Hopkins has Calzaghes number since Hopkins looked like he had more success against Calzaghe than anybody else. Without the thyroid condition it would look like the first 6 rounds. Hopkins UD.

Comment

Working...
                      X