Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Johnny Nelson: It Was Not a Low Blow, But I Don't Think Dubois Would've Won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Johnny Nelson: It Was Not a Low Blow, But I Don't Think Dubois Would've Won

Former cruiserweight world champion Johnny Nelson believes Oleksandr Usyk was hit with a legal punch when Daniel Dubois connected with a heavy body shot in the fifth round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I agree , it was not a low blow but the way Usyk rolled around in apparent pain how can anyone be sure he wold have beaten a ten count? He was hit right in the centre of his belt , that can not be low ......low IS bellow the belt. Usyk cheated and I'm disappointed in him .Do I want to see a rematch , no .Without being dropped Usyk was by far the superior fighter and lets just move on by assuming he would have got up had the referee began a count .....as he said he would instead of ...cheating !

Comment

Go look back at the video. At about 20 seconds, Usyk makes an effort to try and get up. He can't and immediately shakes his head at his corner that he can't. He does this several times (shaking his head at his corner) while he's down.
      He would never have beaten the count.

BTW. Joe Cortez has said that the punch looked legal to him
      Last edited by PerfectJab; 08-29-2023, 06:15 AM.

Comment

One of reasons Carl Froch gave why this was a low blow was that there is a delayed reaction after a body shot.
        This is usually true but then he hasn't seen Usyk previous times he went down from body shots. They were immediate reactions.

Usyk repeated in the press conference that he was hit in the balls. This just isn't true, whether you think this was legal or illegal punch.
        Ajagba's reaction was the natural reaction to being punched in the balls. The hand covers the groin area and he hunches forward. All protective gestures. Usyk didn't do this.

You recover a lot faster from a gut shot than from a nut shot.
        I don't think it is very likely you feel like doing this after a nut shot. No matter how feel you are...

Attached Files
        Last edited by PerfectJab; 08-29-2023, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Was a low blow and not the first of the night . DDD only decent shot was below the belt

Sometimes it feels like everything has to be a conspiracy these days .

DDD got beat to the punch every round before quitting. End of

Comment

Hm not sure who to believe boxingscene posters or professional boxers

It was a legal but who knows what would have happened if the ref counted

Comment

It’s clear that Usyk doesn’t like it to the body. He’s weak in the gut.
              Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectJab View Post
                Go look back at the video. At about 20 seconds, Usyk makes an effort to try and get up. He can't and immediately shakes his head at his corner that he can't. He does this several times (shaking his head at his corner) while he's down.
                He would never have beaten the count.

BTW. Joe Cortez has said that the punch looked legal to him
                Reminder:

"Where's the ref!? Where's Cortez!?"

Name the fight. It will make you question Cortez's credibility.
                garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

What the hell Johnny talking about, had it been ruled correctly he would have stopped his asS!

Comment

It's difficult to determine IF Usyk would have beaten the count if he had to . He says if the referee had stated counting he would have got up but he was there for going on four minutes , shaking his head , either acting or hurt , we'll never know BUT it's plain to see he doesn't take them well to the bread basket!

Comment

Working...
                    X