Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: A Win By Dubois Would Be 'Monumental' Upset, He Only Has Puncher's Chance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
    When Usyk first jumped to HW I think Dubois would have been favored to beat him, had they fought then. I think this is an interesting match-up. If Usyk is in shape (some are questioning it?) and on his normal game, he should be able to win. Dubois is a wild-card for me. People forget he was winning the Joyce fight but his defense was almost irresponsible to that jab. If he's learned to defend the jab he is a powerful puncher with a lot of talent. Usyk is very crafty and with underrated power (he's beaten many bigger guys over the years). Still I always thought Dubois would come up big in a big fight one day. Is this the day?

Interesting match-up. This will tell us a lot about both fighters.
    Stylistically it is not a straight forward easy fight for Usyk. Fighters like Dubois, Chisora when he is in condition 'These are stylistical challenges for Uysk'.

So of Usyk wins, but he is pushed in a close fight 'I don't think he should be down rated'.

Fury in comparison when you really check his resume since Kiltschko, has fought fights that should of all been stylistically a walk in the park for him.

Wilder, Chisora and Whyte are stylistically easier fights for Fury, than the fighters Usyk has been fighting at Heavyweight.

Dubois is a solid fighter, who is naturally aggressive and seems to have very little hesitation in applying violence. Dubois was most likely just ahead of Joyce on points, when the fight was stopped 'Dubios was never decked in that fight, and to his credit fought Joyce head on'.

Note: Dubois vs Usyk for me whether he wins or loses 'Can still come out of this fight, with improved career prospects. It is all about his effort, Dubois has a lot to gain here' etc.

MastaBlasta MastaBlasta likes this.

Comment

Working...
    X