Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford Wanted To Go After Spence Early - Was Advised by Team, Shakur Stevenson To Box

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford Wanted To Go After Spence Early - Was Advised by Team, Shakur Stevenson To Box

Terence Crawford says he was planning to brawl from the get-go against Errol Spence Jr. before he was convinced otherwise. The undisputed welterweight champion from Omaha, Nebraska, ultimately decided to pursue a more methodical, circumspect strategy, using his jab and fighting out of the southpaw stance.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Even going forward Crawford woulda beat his average ass up
    PunchyPotorff PunchyPotorff likes this.

Comment

Of course he was advised to box, they expected more from Spence.
      PunchyPotorff PunchyPotorff likes this.

Comment

As great a fighter as Crawford is, the ability to not let his ego trump listening to his team on strategy is what makes him the great fighter that he is. He knew they were right and took it heart. Probably woulda put himself in more danger wanting to brawl with Spence. Gotta give him his props for letting his team help lead him to a huge victory like that.

Comment

I had Spence winning beforehand but after watching I feel Crawford would've won either way. Also it should be noted that even though Spence says he fought southpaws before in the amateurs he may actually have a problem with them.. I know Bob was in that interview hype as hell talking about "SPENCE CANT FIGHT SOUTHPAWS" so he clearly peeped that a while ago and even if that's not as true as he thinks it is maybe he just couldn't beat Crawford as a southpaw. Idk. Still wanna see the fight at 54 tho

Comment

The strategy produced a MASTERPIECE! Bud was smarter, bigger, stronger, and faster! Salute to BoMac!

Comment

Well regardless of how he came out, I feel like he would’ve won either way. And I say this as a guy who originally was picking Spence, but after seeing the beat down, it’s hard to envision it playing out differently if they run it back.

Comment

When has Bud bum rushed anybody? Thats not his style.. Bud has always been patient.

Comment

shakur is dangerous in a ring, i mean he could actually swallow it

Comment

Like others have said... Bud would've aced spence either way.
                    He definitely has the skills to do several different strategies in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X