Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Always Believed Terence Crawford Was An All-Time Great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Always Believed Terence Crawford Was An All-Time Great

Terence Crawford is soaking it all in. For years on end, the soon-to-be 36-year-old told all who would listen that he's in a league of his own. Yet, with many viewing his resume as tenuous, the Omaha, Nebraska, native was questioned. This past Saturday night, he finally placed those questions to rest.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Roy is usually right on things, and here I'd have to agree with him.
    Crawford's next few fights IMO will solidify his record, and will be great boxing events to take in.
    Just my 37 cents worth, that's all.

Comment

I agree with Roy.

He will be saying the same thing about Inoue someday soon

Comment

An all time great knows an all time great when he sees one. From the time Crawford stepped out and walked to the ring with Eminem, he had that "Glow" about him. You could sense something special was about to happen. That was definitely a great performance. If this man goes up to 154 and dethrones Charlo for the undisputed title, what are we talking about here??? It could go from an all time great to simply the greatest. Of course that's debatable, but it would put him in that conversation.
        Don2021 Don2021 likes this.

Comment

After Canelo, Charlo probably not coming back down to 154. Win Lose or Draw.

Comment

all these props, music to buds ears, ask and thou shalt receive

Comment

Bud's skills, ability & iq, there's no doubt.
              Atg's though need atg's on they're resume. I don't know if this is a knock on boxing today, promoter's today & side's of the street or is it Bud himself?
              35 & only one mega fight that took 4 year's to make.

Reminds me of Calzaghe who was great over here in the Uk with names like Eubank Reid & Woodhall but got no props over the pond until he murked Lacy at 34 Kessler at 35 & Bhop & Rjj at 36.

Who are Bud's final legacy fight's? Spence again, Boots? Charlo but if he looses to Canelo meh. Middleweight?? There's nobody, dinosaur ggg or maybe drop to 140? Haney or even tank. Let's hope promoter's or boxing don't block him from undes*****g Lm. Like joe, let's hope he gets the names he wants.
              Last edited by Bob; 08-06-2023, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                Bud's skills, ability & iq, there's no doubt.
                Atg's though need atg's on they're resume. I don't know if this is a knock on boxing today, promoter's today & side's of the street or is it Bud himself?
                35 & only one mega fight that took 4 year's to make.
                Ultimately it's the total body of work in context that matters to fans. The sport is now so fractured by politics and Business; it's almost impossible to have a career that includes more than a handful of super fights. That said, Crawford was not forced to re-up with Top Rank. He knew the best WW fights could only be made against boxers in the PBC stable. He's not completely blameless for his less than stellar resume.

Comment

Crawford can fight Tsyzu in Australia. Not an easy feat amd would get him titles.

Comment

Hell no. He's gotta do more. Are we just supposed to forget he's only fought 3 champions in the last 8 years? Spence is not that damn good of a win. Stop capping.

Comment

Working...
                    X