Vanes Calls Out Paul Williams, Dzinziruk, Spinks, Angulo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bishop2006 View Post
    Williams would kill Vanes,and hes lucky Kirkland isnt out too
    We dont know what Williams would do, do we, because he wont take the fight because it would be too risky and not enough money, but yes Williams is a tough mother****er... as far as Kirkland is concerned he standsa no chance out or not... Why people hate on Vanes I dont know. He beats a kid name Billy Lyell with messed up right hand and people get on him, when Lyell would go and embarrass John Duddy in his very next fight and now is ranked by the WBC in the top 15... and then he beats Andre Tsurkan into quitting in 6 rounds, something that took Angulo 10 rounds to do.. he sweeps the floor against a guy who was 18-0 (michael Medina) who was a Latino wbc belt holder and has gone undefeated since and Angel Hernandez who was embarrased by Vanes and look at his resume.... and everyone wants to tell me who has he fought? who the **** has dzinziruk fought? who the **** has PWILL fought? Carlos freakin Quintana beat him up and he fought a winky wright who hadnt fought in some 2 years... and Angulo got beat up by the first boxer he had seen and will ever see if his promoters are smart enough....

and dont get me started on Cory Spinks.... the only person i respect in the division in Sergio Martinez and he's the one that will give Vanes the most problems and am not sure VAnes is ready for

Comment

Originally posted by argminasyan View Post
      We dont know what Williams would do, do we, because he wont take the fight because it would be too risky and not enough money, but yes Williams is a tough mother****er... as far as Kirkland is concerned he standsa no chance out or not... Why people hate on Vanes I dont know. He beats a kid name Billy Lyell with messed up right hand and people get on him, when Lyell would go and embarrass John Duddy in his very next fight and now is ranked by the WBC in the top 15... and then he beats Andre Tsurkan into quitting in 6 rounds, something that took Angulo 10 rounds to do.. he sweeps the floor against a guy who was 18-0 (michael Medina) who was a Latino wbc belt holder and has gone undefeated since and Angel Hernandez who was embarrased by Vanes and look at his resume.... and everyone wants to tell me who has he fought? who the **** has dzinziruk fought? who the **** has PWILL fought? Carlos freakin Quintana beat him up and he fought a winky wright who hadnt fought in some 2 years... and Angulo got beat up by the first boxer he had seen and will ever see if his promoters are smart enough....

and dont get me started on Cory Spinks.... the only person i respect in the division in Sergio Martinez and he's the one that will give Vanes the most problems and am not sure VAnes is ready for
      You making a great argument for your boy. But, he hasn't really fought anybody. That is the truth. First of all do not be dissing James Kirkland. I really like Vanes. But, he would lose to Kirkland. Why people hate on Kirkland I don't know. You can diss all the fighters that Vanes called out. But, the truth of the matter. Is that all those fighter, maybe for the exception of Angulo, has a better resume than Vanes.

You are trying to make Vanes win more impressive than what they really are. Bllly Lyell is not that good. He lossed to an old 'Yory boy' Campas. Lyell beat an overrated John Duddy. Not impressive. Michaed Medina was undefeated. But, never beat anybody. Medina is a nobody. Angel Hernandez is a solid win. But, Hernandez lossed everytime he stepped up. Has a 5rd KO loss to the late Roshi Wells. True Hernandez is on a 2 fight winning streak. Against an overrated James McGirt Jr and shot Antwun Echols. But, Hernandez is a solid win. Andre Tsurkan is his best win so far. Now you can't compare this resume to the resume of Spinks, Williams, and Dzinziruk. They all have fought better competition.

I think Vanes should fight somebody like Joe Greene. Who is a young, skilled, undefeated fighter. Just like Vanes. And, if he wins he can fight Angulo. And then the winner of that could call out anybody in the top 10. But, as for right now Vanes has not proven he is on the level of Williams, Dzinziruk, or Spinks. And, I like Vanes. But, I want to see him earn his ranking by fighting tougher fights.
      Last edited by jrosales13; 10-02-2009, 12:43 PM.

Comment

ive never even heard of this guy

Comment

Have you even seen a Dzindziruk fight? probably not? and if you have it was against someone who was handpicked!!! Vanes kills Dziniziruk, overprotected, overhyped, Euro boxer who nobody's picked... yes he's got a belt and his promoters have done a great job making sure he keeps it for as long as possible. As far as Angulo is considered I would love to see8 how Angulo would keep up Vanes, Angulo's only defeat came to someone who actually did what it took to win versus what Gary Shaw had told him to do. if you are a boxer you beat Angulo and Vanes would kill Angulo because he's a way better pure boxer than Angulo and we saw what Cintron did with similar talent to Vanes. As far as Spinks is concerned, thats the easiest fight out of all the contenders. Vanes would demolish that boring ass fighter and PWill will never take the fight because Vanes trully poses a threat to him.

The time will come where these guys cant hide behind the proverbial "this guy hasnt fought anybody", Vanes will be the mandatory to many of this guys and you guys will soon see what Vanes trully is capable of.

Talk to me in then
          I've seen Dzinziruk in two fights, Julio and Santos, both of whom are much better fighters than Vanes. The kid has potential, but he's just not ready. Maybe for Spinks or Angulo, but against the other two he has no chance.

Comment

Dude I agree with you that Vanes is a good fighter and will give many fighters problems; I'll even admit that he can probably beat my boy Angulo cause he has better boxing skills BUT that doesn't mean he'll beat them all as easy as you make it sound. How do we know that Pwill won't jab and outwork vanes to a wide UD? Victor Ortiz was a pure boxer/puncher and got TKOd by a sloppy slugger. You're just too into Vanes bro. I think you need to get off his balls for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              I want to inform the boxing world that I am ready to take on anyone, I mean anyone, in the division. I have paid my dues in the boxing world and now this is my time. I am sick and tired watching these belts being passed around like candy by fighters who are far inferior to me. I am calling out the entire division from Angulo to Paul Williams, Cory Spinks to especially Sergey Dzinziruk who has been hiding in Germany fighting nobodies in the hopes of maintaing his WBO TITLE, that is going to be mine very soon!!! I read everyday how Dzinziruk cant find fighters, I hear he's in the states looking for a promoter and fight, I AM READY!!! [details]
              well, hopefully he gets a fight and proves himself.

Comment

i've always said this guy would be a perfect test for chavez jr instead of john duddy.

Comment

Have you even seen a Dzindziruk fight? probably not? and if you have it was against someone who was handpicked!!! Vanes kills Dziniziruk, overprotected, overhyped, Euro boxer who nobody's picked... yes he's got a belt and his promoters have done a great job making sure he keeps it for as long as possible. As far as Angulo is considered I would love to see8 how Angulo would keep up Vanes, Angulo's only defeat came to someone who actually did what it took to win versus what Gary Shaw had told him to do. if you are a boxer you beat Angulo and Vanes would kill Angulo because he's a way better pure boxer than Angulo and we saw what Cintron did with similar talent to Vanes. As far as Spinks is concerned, thats the easiest fight out of all the contenders. Vanes would demolish that boring ass fighter and PWill will never take the fight because Vanes trully poses a threat to him.

The time will come where these guys cant hide behind the proverbial "this guy hasnt fought anybody", Vanes will be the mandatory to many of this guys and you guys will soon see what Vanes trully is capable of.

Talk to me in then
                  Please don't use the term "Euro boxer" in that context. It's insulting to us Europeans.

Comment

Its good to see he has big things on his mind, but I would rather he fought his way up to guys like paul williams and dzinziruk instead of taking the david haye route and getting screwed in the contract negotiations. Spinks and Angulo are the level of competition he should be aiming for now.

Comment

At least he's calling out people, I'm sick of protected fighters and that division seems to be stuck right now.He should fight Angulo and if he gets pass Angulo then he might get a chance against the top guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X