Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kambosos On Haney-Loma: We Shouldn't Create The Stigma That A Close Fight Is A Robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kambosos On Haney-Loma: We Shouldn't Create The Stigma That A Close Fight Is A Robbery

George Kambosos Jr. watched the Devin Haney-Vasiliy Lomachenko fight from a ringside seat the night of May 20. From Kambosos' vantagepoint, Haney-Lomachenko was "a great fight" that could've gone "either way." The former unified lightweight champion condemned those, including Lomachenko, who have claimed Haney's unanimous-decision win was "a robbery."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Personally, I scored the fight a draw. Therefore, I don't have an issue with the fight going either way because there was some really close rounds. It really comes down to how much you value each man's work in terms of effectiveness. A rematch should happen just due to the nature of the fight but I'm not sure it's going happen.

Comment

Kambosos is correct here; a close fight isn't a robbery.
      Watching the fight and waiting for the decision, I was thinking that Haney had done just enough to win a close decision but that it could well be a draw.
      Imo after admitting to taking the last round off, lomachenko should be blaming himself not the judges.
      Last edited by tokon; 07-20-2023, 06:48 AM.

Comment

I agree with Kambosos. Close fights that could legitimately have gone either way are not robberies.

Comment

Kambosos has opened a can of worms here with those two toxic fanbases.

FTR I thought Loma won.

Comment

It was a robbery. Sad thing is that haney will always be associated with this robbery for the rest of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Jami View Post
              It was a robbery. Sad thing is that haney will always be associated with this robbery for the rest of his career.
              One dominant round doesn't win you the whole fight. Even if Loma was given the 11th a round he clearly dominated he still would have lost. Devin was landing great body shots and Loma's face clearly showed he getting touched. Only Loma***uals will try to put an asterisk by this W.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                George Kambosos Jr. watched the Devin Haney-Vasiliy Lomachenko fight from a ringside seat the night of May 20. From Kambosos' vantagepoint, Haney-Lomachenko was "a great fight" that could've gone "either way." The former unified lightweight champion condemned those, including Lomachenko, who have claimed Haney's unanimous-decision win was "a robbery."
                [Click Here To Read More]
                There was no robbery. But I only saw the fight once, live. It looked pretty close. Very exciting. It could have gone either way. But the result in the books is that the Champion retained all the belts. Nothing wrong with that. As far as the narrative being a "robbery" is all opinion by "fans" who have nothing to do with boxing.

Comment

I thought Lomachenko did enough to win a close and competitive match and he should’ve gotten the W.
                  Tony Trick-Pony Tony Trick-Pony likes this.

Comment

didnt really look like loma took the last round off to me if i remember, he just didnt get into it like the round before and haney took the initiative in that round, close back and forth fights are not robberies but the decisions go a very predictable way in a lot of cases

Comment

Working...
                    X