Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you actually believed Canelo Alvarez wanted Jermell Charlo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you actually believed Canelo Alvarez wanted Jermell Charlo?

I know many of you are anti-Ginger, but there is another component here that is equally reprehensible.

--------------------------
    Bivol wanted the rematch with Canelo at 168 and not at 175, and the Mexican superstar refuses. Guess what Alvarez said why he doesn't want to do it.
    --------------------------

There is no doubt either Jermell injected himself into the deal without being asked to escape the Tzsyu fight, or he was asked by Haymon to do it since his twin brother has lost all will to fight. It was a business decision.

Bivol wanted the rematch with Canelo at 168 and not at 175, and the Mexican superstar refuses. Guess what Alvarez said why he doesn't want to do it.

Any guess?

Comment

I think Canelo is a huge star and nothing happens without his say so, yea i believe it was offered to him and given the circumstances Canelo thinks he can beat him.

Comment

Canelo Wants Bivol Rematch At 175; Feels
        Fans Will Complain About Bringing Bivol Down To 168

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-w...wn-168--174266
        Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by maguirre View Post
          Canelo Wants Bivol Rematch At 175; Feels
          Fans Will Complain About Bringing Bivol Down To 168

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-w...wn-168--174266
          fans cant really complain if bivol is insisting he wants it at 168 tho i would think

bivol also said he would consider 175 but not on the same terms as first fight, he wanted better terms

Comment

Lol, imagine getting mad about Canelo fighting Charlo

Comment

I have expressed my su****ion on these Charlo brothers weeks ago:
              -----------

"I sense that these twin brothers are trying to escape from their situations. Unfortunately for them, there is nowhere to hide/escape. Charlo1 hasn't fought in more than 2 years and this Charlo2 has become a one fight a year fighter for the last 3 years now.

These are not what you call risk takers. These are opportunists.​"

-----------

"These Charlo brothas have come to the end of their careers. I don't think they want to move forward. It almost feels like they want to escape or something, they have nowhere else to go. The other one had developed smoke phobia since his last fight with Montiel.

This one can't even move up because he sees monsters in the next division. He's six foot tall, he's in his mid-30s and he'd rather starve himself just to stay in a weak, inconsistent division. I'm only 5'8" and I probably would never weigh less than 160.

There's a reason why he's delaying the fight hoping high reward fights will come up.​"

Comment

I can't be a fan of a guy who have no sense of propriety. This Jermell was foaming in the mouth seething with anger when Harrison and Castano postponed their rematches with him. He was all over the social media screaming fake injury and pressing them to come back in the ring ASAP. And here he was taking his time even after Tzsyu took 2 interim fights holding belts hostages pretending he is still not ready because of injury. Lo and behold he injected himself into the Canelo deal without being asked and the injury excuse suddenly disappeared.

And no one has held him accountable​ for such horrible behavior.
                BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Right off the bat you could easily see PBC made the list of fights Canelo was contracted to fight.
                  I could see the superstar getting surprised when he learned it's not Jermall he was fighting.
                  Whether Jermell injected himself or not, I would just assume he readily said yes when asked by Haymon.
                  Like they say, it's less humiliating when you lose to a superstar than to a rising one. Not to mention the reward.
                  This is standard, nothing impressive about it.
                  Nah, I don't think Canelo is responsible for the list he was given, hate him or not.
                  maguirre maguirre likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by rick.gen View Post
                    Right off the bat you could easily see PBC made the list of fights Canelo was contracted to fight.
                    I could see the superstar getting surprised when he learned it's not Jermall he was fighting.
                    Whether Jermell injected himself or not, I would just assume he readily said yes when asked by Haymon.
                    Like they say, it's less humiliating when you lose to a superstar than to a rising one. Not to mention the reward.
                    This is standard, nothing impressive about it.
                    Nah, I don't think Canelo is responsible for the list he was given, hate him or not.
                    Lucky for Charlo to have been presented an escape route. Tzsyu vs Charlo unification is gone. After the Canelo fight, Chalo is expected to take a year looong vacation. It's possible he will retire. Meanwhile, fans need to move on and expect Tzsyu to keep himself busy. He's expected to take another fight before the year ends. Then 3 fights for the next year.

As you can see, a lot of things can happen in weeks, let alone months, years.

We'll move on. Fans should start avoiding putting Tzsyu and Charlo in the same sentence. Fight is dead.

Comment

Working...
                    X