No announcement yet.

Manny vs marquez fight one

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny vs marquez fight one

Manny dropped marquez 3 times in rd 1. With today's refs stopping fights before a knockdown even occurs anyone else think the fight would have been stopped in today's refereeing rules?

Idk tbh. Couldve been stopped back then too. But what doesnt change after all these years is the ineptitude of the judge dcoring the first round incorrectly

Comment

Maybe, depending on who the ref is. And what's at stake in the fight.

in the beginning of fights, i look for the no 3 knockdown rule if listed. Everytime i see it i think of this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by clmags12 View Post
        Maybe, depending on who the ref is. And what's at stake in the fight.

in the beginning of fights, i look for the no 3 knockdown rule if listed. Everytime i see it i think of this fight.
        iN THE LAST KNOCKDOWN MARQUEZ WAS ON THE FLOOR TAKING A BREATHER FOR A COUPLE SECONDS I CAN DEFINTELY SEE BAYLESS AND MOST OF THE REFS WAVING IT OFF.

Comment

An atg fight. Nobody expected that

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
            An atg fight. Nobody expected that
            Everybody expected a great fight, Manny was coming off stopping Barrera and JMM was known as a great counter puncher so fireworks were expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Everybody expected a great fight, Manny was coming off stopping Barrera and JMM was known as a great counter puncher so fireworks were expected.
              So you expected Marquez to be dropped 3 times in the first round and cone back as strong as he did? A single fight that started one of boxings greatest rivalries? Stfu idiot

Comment

It would have never been stopped because Marquez was never out of it wobbled or really hurt it was just the speed and force of the shot that kept putting him down
                The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post

So you expected Marquez to be dropped 3 times in the first round and cone back as strong as he did? A single fight that started one of boxings greatest rivalries? Stfu idiot
                  Everyone that knew boxing was looking for a real good fight and the possibility of a classic is always present in fights like that did you just start watching boxing, youre a sensitive little queen do you think bing a mouthy piss ant makes you are tough guy.

Spence TC is a really good fight that could easily be a classic and end up in a big rivalry, it's not a new thing in boxing kiddo.

Comment

Marquez was bum and will forever be.

The morons who called him Professor should get killed asap.

Comment

Working...
                    X