Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jack Catterall Advisor on Regis Prograis: I Promise You Jack Will Stand Him On His Head

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jack Catterall Advisor on Regis Prograis: I Promise You Jack Will Stand Him On His Head

Jack Catterall advisor Sam Jones found himself licking his lips after Regis Prograis' last performance. Prograis, the WBC 140-pound titlist, made his debut under Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing last Saturday night against Danielito Zorrilla at Smoothie King Center in Prograis' hometown of New Orleans. Despite scoring an early knockdown,
    [Click Here To Read More]

Interesting fight to make, but I don't want the excuses, especially from SID-KNEE, when Prograis pummels him about Jack's inactivity and the pebble in his shoe, or his cup was too tight, or the American water made him nauseous, or his gum shield tasted like shxt. Catterall is the one asking for the fight, not Regis, so when Jack receives his proper whooping, then NO EXCUSES!!!

Comment

Catterall confidence must be sky high after Prograis performance against Zorrila. I imagine Catterall thinks his skillet will allow him to employ a similar game plan but with better affect due to his superior ability.
      ​​​​​
      ​​​
      Last edited by unknowledgeablepugilist; 06-20-2023, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
        Interesting fight to make, but I don't want the excuses, especially from SID-KNEE, when Prograis pummels him about Jack's inactivity and the pebble in his shoe, or his cup was too tight, or the American water made him nauseous, or his gum shield tasted like shxt. Catterall is the one asking for the fight, not Regis, so when Jack receives his proper whooping, then NO EXCUSES!!!
        Prograis has been vastly overrated in this forum. If you haven't seen those flaws before, his performance this weekend should temper your enthusiasm about him. He's got major flaws and does literally nothing special. There are many fighters at 140 who can outbox Prograis. Jack Catterall is one of them.
        PanchoGomez Rayzah BlackRobb BlackRobb like this.

Comment

I see no one at 140 presently who beats Catterall, and that includes Haney if he moves up. Catterall is a brilliant boxer with pop who moves effortlessly around the ring. He'd be a horrific style for Prograis, Matias or Lopez to deal with. I've been saying for several years now that Taylor and Lopez are overrated. Neither does anything at an elite level except maybe Prograis's power.
          Last edited by BlackRobb; 06-20-2023, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

Prograis has been vastly overrated in this forum. If you haven't seen those flaws before, his performance this weekend should temper your enthusiasm about him. He's got major flaws and does literally nothing special. There are many fighters at 140 who can outbox Prograis. Jack Catterall is one of them.
            I don't think so, the pressure of pleasing his hometown fans with a KO got him to box a little out of character. He was flailing with the jab to land the straight left, instead of mixing up the attack because he wanted a short cut to the KO. Normally Regis boxes much smarter with a grit and determination that's hard to match. He is just as awkward as Catterall with much more power and speed on his counters. We shall see hopefully, can we agree on no excuses?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post

I don't think so, the pressure of pleasing his hometown fans with a KO got him to box a little out of character. He was flailing with the jab to land the straight left, instead of mixing up the attack because he wanted a short cut to the KO. Normally Regis boxes much smarter with a grit and determination that's hard to match. He is just as awkward as Catterall with much more power and speed on his counters. We shall see hopefully, can we agree on no excuses?
              Yes, for sure. No excuses for either guy when/if or where it happens.
              Last edited by TheOneAboveAll; 06-20-2023, 11:48 AM.
              Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
                I see no one at 140 presently who beats Catterall, and that includes Haney if he moves up. Catterall is a brilliant boxer with pop who moves effortlessly around the ring. He'd be a horrific style for Prograis, Matias or Lopez to deal with. I've been saying for several years now that Taylor and Lopez are overrated. Neither does anything at an elite level except maybe Prograis's power.
                matias would kill caterrall. stop hyping up that dude cause he beat a drained taylor. lopez would also knock the lights out of caterral. who has caterral beat for you to justify him as some new messiah? that nobody he couldnt knockout in his last fight?
                Last edited by ThunderFists; 06-20-2023, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Jack Beats Prograis easy. Prograis is limited and highly overrated he's a hard working kid but he just doesnt have it. His best choice would be to go after Rolly and unify and make a lil money. Haney is licking his chops because if he beat Progrias he can keep his identity ( the Belt/s) and drop the 135LB belts. BUT if he loses he can pull a Canelo and move back down to 135 and cash out.

Comment

I actually like this fight. Styles allow both to show their best tools. UK money would give both a very good payday. Prograis better be gym rat from now on, no social media or social outings except with family or gf. These next fights are going to have a huge impact on his financial future.. There's a reason he's suddenly being mentioned by fighters/camps.

Comment

Working...
                    X